Black spots on Hippo

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by RemickJ, Dec 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

So I think you all may throw me off of the site for asking questions about spots on my Hippo again but I'd rather play it safe!! :) I had to do some house work this past weekend in the room that my aquarium is in. Work as in work with power tools.. A couple days later I noticed white spots on my hippo and figured it got stressed because of the noise, no big deal, he's eating, and otherwise seemingly healthy it will go away. so yesterday it looked a little worse but he still looked and was acting normal. so I figured I'd keep watching him and feeding with Garlic. woke up this morning and the white spots are gone but now he has these black spots on him. My thought is that they are "Boo boos" if you, will from the ick and it will go away but I just want to make sure.. ...... and yes I think that is the first time BOO BOO has been used on a fish forum. What do you guys and gals think? Here is a picture of him/her.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Scubagator87

Scubagator87 Skunk Shrimp

4. RemickJ

Thanks- I guess I'll just keep watching it. He is still eating well and the cleaner shrimp are on the case so we'll see what happens.

5. totter0817

totter0817 Purple Spiny Lobster

I have never seen that before, so I really cant help, but Im sure the cleaner shrimp and the garlic is helping him stay strong

6. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

has your black spots changed any

7. RemickJ

They actually went away. it still has some white spots but I think the black spots were scars almost from the ick that preceeded it. He sill has some white on hom but I am now soaking with Zoe 3 times a week, soaking garlic 2 twice a week and then adding Kent Marine Vitamin C to the tank (must be careful with Vitamin C as you can over dose.) Doing these things and he seems to be improving but I will keep you posted.

8. Click Here!

9. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

thanks for the update