Bird of Paradise 60 day growth pic

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by vankirk, Jun 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

I got this frag 60 days ago and I am thrilled to see it growing so fast.;D
    I have had limited success at keeping hard corals alive, let alone thrive over the last 18 months. So 2 months ago I wanted to give it ONE MORE TRY::), I got 18 sps frags for only $215 at a local swap. One didn't survive the trip home but the rest are still alive to some extent today. This Bird of Paradise seems to be the best grower so far lol.

The 1st pic is when I got it April 14th. The 2nd and 3rd are yesterday.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome.
    Kirk

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Awesome growth....I love those corals, congrats!!

4. Reef raft Concierge

Reef raft Concierge 3reef Sponsor

Awesome growth... But I believe those bird nest grow pretty fast for Acro.... What about the other pieces that you got, are they doing good with polp ext?

5. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

Thanks man. I'm pretty happy to finally have some joy from my tank, it's been a hard row to hoe.

6. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

Thanks and HEY MAN don't steal my thunder! haha JK.
    That one caught my eye with the new branches. I'll try to get some more comparison pics and see. More than half have good PE and kept there color.
    The biggest problem frag has to be the Purple Garf Bonsai. It's incrusting the plug and the PE is good but, it's purple has faded a lot. I lowered it 2 weeks ago, we'll see what happens. Thanks for asking.

7. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

Here's another. IDK the name, maybe some sort of milli?
    The 1st pic is from April 14th, the 2nd one is yesterday.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Yup, some type of millipora, hard to say which though.

10. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Yep, that one looks to be opening up nicely. That was a pretty good price for that many frags. The only thing is that they were probably a lot of the ones that the seller figured were going to be difficult, but that means you get the satisfaction of bringing them around with some TLC. Most times sellers have so much to do around the shop that taking time to give individual care is out of the question. Us on the other hand have nothing but time with just one or so tanks, so we can keep a closer eye on frags like that. I hope you have good fortune with that buy. If you have even half make it, you're doing good for the price.I hope you have more though. GL