Biocube29 owners

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by addicted_now, Jan 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. addicted_now

addicted_now Astrea Snail

I just recently recieved my BC29 today and am waiting for the skimer, sterilizer, heater and powerhead to come. I am wondering what other BC owners have done to there tank? What they have used there tank for? If you have anemones and corals, what ones you have and how has it been to keep care of it? Have you modified your hood an lights? Has any one used the kits from nanotuners.com

Thanks for input and if you have any pictures of your tank i would like to see them and I will put pictures of my tank as i build and complete it.

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

4. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

i keep mine pretty well stock, nothing fancy but a minifuge in the middle chamber. i keep the original lights that came with the hood and dont plan on modding the hood what so ever. i do recommend changing the bulbs every 6 months though. i plan on getting a nova pro extreme fixture down the road. and i also run a nano skimmer.

if you want to start doing mods i think you are better off buying a tank and starting from scratch with your choice of filter system and lights.

if you want better lights for your tank for anemones or clams or high light demanding corals you may want to look into getting something like a T5 or a metal halide. the stock lights will do well with most soft and lps corals given proper placement in your tank.

heres a pic. and best wishes with you cube. i hope you love it. i know i do
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Hey, i have a biocube 29 also. So far I have taken the hood off completely and got a 4 bulb T5 fixture, swaped out return pump for a Rio 1400, have two Koralia 1s, an Aquatic Life Skimmer, a Two little fishies phosphate reactor, a DIY ATO system, and am gradually replacing the bioballs for LR rubble. My stock you can see in my sig. Hope you have fun with yours.

6. bama

bama Humpback Whale

amazing tank!

1 person likes this.
  7. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

whoaasaa that tank is amazing im jelious

8. Click Here!

9. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Now that is a gorgeous tank. wow! love it!

10. addicted_now

That is an amazing tank NU2reef. I will be placing in the middle chamber my sapphire skimmer that was designed for the BC. Have heard on other forums that the one provided by oceanic was not all that great. Have also found a kit that will add a third 36w bulb to the hood and does not change the hood. I see you have 2 power heads. I have ordered one Koralia2 which is rated at 600GPH. Will that be enough to keep water moving through the tank if i want to set up with corals and possible anemone.?

11. addicted_now

So any other people out there that have a Bio cube of any size want to post there opinions to help me. Mine is just sitting here caus ei am undecided. I Guess i will take it to the deck and fill it up an double check for leaks before i set it up in my room.

12. Kelley11

Kelley11 Peppermint Shrimp

Other then what has been mentioned already I added a chiller to mine in order to maintain a constant temp. Other small differences: added additional heater in chamber 1for redundancy, removed all bioballs and went with skimmer in second chamber. Recently installed the biocube UV light in chamber 3. I also have several sensors on the tank using the aqua controller apex and utilize an ATO. I will be adding a second nano powerhead to increase additional flow, although I really like the idea of replacing the stock return pump with a RIO 1400. My tank is almost 6 months old and I love it. I will be replacing my lights with the nanotuners LED kit at 9 months. Only other advice is I would not add too much livestock (fish, shrimp, etc), keep it modest and it will thrive.