Biocube Owners Unite! (Owner's Thread)

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Astrick117, May 14, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Since I am incredibly jealous of the JBJ 28 Nanocube thread, I have decided to start a Biocube Owners Thread.

Please contribute to the thread with your modifications, equipment preferences and images of your tanks. It makes no difference if your Biocube is in it's infancy, established or looks like a farm for nuisance algae, please contribute, even if you do not own a Biocube.

Basic Overview of the Tank

[​IMG]

Above information was found at drsfostersmith.com/

Common Upgrades

Tunze 9002 Skimmer w/ Modded Cup
    Tunze 9002
    Upgraded Tunze Cup

InTank Media Basket
    Coralife Biocube 29 Media Basket

LED Lighting Retrofit
    Retrofit kits - Nano Kits - BioCube 29 - Rapid LED

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

First topic of discussion- What would you recommend as the maximum number of fish to stock the 29 gallon?

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I am a JBJ owner, so you can have my post deleted if you want ;D

But, it all depends on the size and temperament of the fish. I have my 28 fully stocked with 5 fish. List is a Blue Spotted Jawfish, Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse, Helfrichi Firefish, Tailspot Blenny, and Yellow Assessor. 4 out of the 5 are true nano fish (could be kept in a ~10 gallon tank), with the exception of the BSJ. All are peaceful and have their own place(s) in the tank. My tank will soon be tied into a system of around 150 total gallons, so water quality is not an issue.

If this was a standalone system, and/or with any larger or more aggressive fish, then the "number" would be 3 or 4.

5. Mechanic1

Mechanic1 Plankton

:2thumbsup:thumb_up:I have 4 in my 29,never have a nitrate or nitrite prob.
    The fish are 2 clowns,1 pj cardinal ,1royal dottyback.
    Lets get those fish lists going

6. tank9127

tank9127 Astrea Snail

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

no upgrades just weekly water changes and filter cleaning.

7. DrewSk

DrewSk Feather Duster

I've got 2 clowns, a tail spot blenny, and a neon goby. I am considering adding a pygmy wrasse of some sort, but I wouldn't put any more fish in than that. I'm really only considering the wrasse because the goby is so small :)

Maxijet 1200 return pump upgrade is a good one too. I threw a rapid LED moonlight kit in as well, and it makes a huge difference. My cube is an older one though, it doesnt have the LED bar upgrade stuff

[​IMG]

sorry its not the greatest shot

Last edited: May 14, 2013
    Corailline likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. tank9127

tank9127 Astrea Snail

2 clowns, firefish goby, six line wrasse, coral banded shrimp and a sand sifting star.

10. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

A six line wrasse and two newly introduced clowns.

[​IMG]

It's an old picture, I've added a bunch of coral since it was taken, ill post a new picture tomorrow.

11. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Nice Updates Everyone! I just started up my 29g, but I'm thinking it will be my long term tank, after switching approximately 6 times over the past 2 years based on the fact that I move so often.

Just got it up an running with the media basket and Tunze upgrades and I'm getting ready to transfer my fish out of my 40g breeder and my 12g nanocube. BTW it is the new coralife version, so my mods were slightly different than for the Oceanic version.

I plan to stick with 4 fish and I am going to keep my clownfish pair and my midas blenny, but I'm not sure if I want to transfer my YWG (actually grey in color) and pistol shrimp or my bangaii cardinal or get a different fish that will add more color.

Here's the tank while cycling. I've done a bit of landscaping since then.

[​IMG]

12. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Just because you aren't a biocube owner doesn't mean you don't have relevant, useful info! Don't worry, your posts are safe and welcomed lol