BIO Cube problem

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by paulie66, Dec 29, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. paulie66

paulie66 Astrea Snail

Ive lost two fish and an anemone to the filtering system on my Ocianic Bio Cube 29. The fish jump over the edge into the filter part of the tank. Last night my Carpet Anemone climbed into there. The water level is were it's supposed to be so I'm wondering if this is a design flaw or if I'm doing something wrong. Has anyone else had this problem? This was an expensive tank and i have had more problems with it than my cheap Eclipse tank.

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

try getting glass or acryilic cut with holes for filter intakes.

4. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

Its probably better that the carpet ended itself early. BC29s have way to little light to support anything but a condy. If you cant find any info regarding modding the BC yourself, PM me and I'll link you.

5. CLoob

CLoob Astrea Snail

I went and bought the clear knitting screening from my local Ben Franklin. then I measured and cut them and glued them to the hood so they overhang just barely into the the main display in my BC29. My tiger tail and small green clown goby used to jump the wall.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

+1 if you're using stock lighting, the anemone doesn't stand a chance. Also, a carpet anemone is far too big of an anemone to sustain in such a small tank.

7. shawnenfield@cox.net

[email protected] Plankton

how ya doing?had a bio cube 29.had the same prob's. took apart stock filter.cut high flow filter media to fit each crevice of the left over plastick frame of filter.saves big coin too.just put carbon in bag in main pump sump.that will lower the water level in tank so it is hade for anything to go over wall.the othe prob is pump clogs easy clean often,i cleaned least 1 a month.that will raise your water lavel in the tank too.you shold see that the water is about a couter inch below back wall.are you running a scimmer?

8. Click Here!

9. paulie66

paulie66 Astrea Snail

Thanks for the ideas! I'm working on it now.

10. shawnenfield@cox.net

[email protected] Plankton

how's it going?are you running a skimmer?

11. paulie66

paulie66 Astrea Snail

Im using the Bio Cube Skimmer upgrade. Its seem to be working fine. I was also thinking about upgrading the lights. Does anyone have any ideas? I looked at the Nanotuners set up but I was also thinking about loosing the stock hood and going with a different style lamp. What do you think would be better? I have live rock in the tank and would like to add some Coral if possible down the line.

12. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer