Bigfoot

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Ryland, Jun 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

• Archaeologists and Egyptologists (and grave robbers) have been scouring Egypt for over 100 years. They had found all they were going to find....until it happened 4 or 5 years ago....they found the biggest tomb they had ever found AND it was in the Valley of the Kings!!! Right under their noses.
    • Troy and Bjarmaland were considered just legendary cities....until it happened....they found them. LOL
    • There's temples in Cambodia, Viet Nam, and Peru that were legends....until it happened...they found them.
    • The coelacanth was extinct and we could only study them via fossils....until it happened...they found live ones.
    • It was a known fact that giant squid existed because they would find them in the bellies of whales (and could see scars on the whales from the fight). However, it wasn't until recently that the spotted a live one for the first time.
    • Nothing could possibly live in Methane Hydrates (ice)....scientific fact....then a couple of years ago they found bacteria and worms that live in it.
    • There's been several "lost tribes" that were thought to only be legendary...then they found them
    • They have known all of the different species of humans for years....then a few years back, they found the "hobbit" species and everything they taught me in school about this subject is now wrong.
    • There's lots of cities that were thought to be legends because they were only mentioned in the Bible and nothing else. Then they found the Dead Sea Scrolls and all of the sudden, these "legendary" cities took on more significance to scientists

I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point. All of these discoveries were fairly recent and they turned the scientific community upside down. I don't believe in Big Foot. However, I don't not believe either. I do find it interesting that peoples from around the world have similar descriptions of a weird animal that is hairy and walks upright.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

BTW.....if you ever want to give yourself a headache, do some research into the ecology of the flora and fauna of New Zealand. Scientists can't explain quite a few of those animals and plants....yet they do exist.

Also consider this. Bumblebees have been proven to not be able to fly scientifically....yet one flew by me last Saturday. LOL

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Pffff....you just described half of the people on the Italian side of my family :lol:

5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Every example you listed, if asked if they were a possibility I would have not had a problem saying most definitely.

Bears do an excellent job of walking up right and being hairy, and found on most continents that report, snow man, big foot.

Also interesting is the descriptions of what some believe to be ET, almost always human resemblance , 2 legs, 2 arms, eyes. I think it's human nature to attribute our physical characteristics to the unknown or mysterious.

I try to keep an open mind. The mysterious deaths of all those birds a couple months back, that died while in flight, yeah I am not buying the rational logical account of the reason for their deaths...but that is a whole other topic.

1 person likes this.
  7. cgarner

cgarner Skunk Shrimp

exactly not enough scientific proof. Claims are claims

8. Click Here!

9. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

It's a true story. I have heard and read so many stories over the years about people dying and walking out of their bodies....some see relatives, bright lights, a door, God. I still don't know why I saw myself in a mirror and why I didn't see any injuries....and I always wondered why I was spared and given the ability to foresee things that are going to happen...or why I was touched by my grandpas ghost. I've never done anything in my life that would warrant what has happened to me.

Years ago, I would just blurt out what was going to happen with no thought of what was being said. My chest would tighten up, I would have difficulty breathing, and would cry hysterically. Now I have learned the signs of knowing when something was going to happen. I realized that before one of my (bad) predictions, I start to go into a depression, butterflies in my stomache, random crying for no reason, usually starting a day or two before. I have excepted this as signs of something (bad) coming and don't know what it is until I blurt it out.

I have learned that these are sign of another "episode" and although there is nothing I can do about it, it doesn't scare me as much as it used to.

Anyone that tells you that knowing what is going to happen is cool doesn't know what they are talking about. With me, it is not cool, I consider it a curse and haven't figured out why it is happening to me yet. When some of my horrible predictions would come true, my now ex-husband started telling the kids that I caused it to happen. When the plane crashed my ex told them that I killed those people...which only upset me more and the kids started telling all their friends that I was a witch.

It doesn't happen every day, or every week but has been happening for over 35 years now and there are many, many things that I knew was going to happen before they did. In the last 10 years or so, I have started to wait on several people coming into the store and instead of saying "can I help you" I would blurt out "happy birthday" and it would be their birthday. The first time I did this in front of my boss he wanted to know if I knew that person...I didn't...he even says there is something odd going on and he is a religious person and believes it is caused by my dying and coming back.

10. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Ricky and Bubbles beat the snot out of Samsquatch with baseball bats. [​IMG]

11. colin779

colin779 Plankton

I wouldn't rule out Bigfoot existing. I live in Washington State and spend a lot of time outdoors. There is an incredible amount of forest here and even more up north in Canada. The forest here also has a ton of bushes and various forms of ground cover, its not just trees sticking out of the ground. It's near impossible to hike around here without trails. In this area of the country its entirely possible for there to be a few undiscovered or seldom seen creatures.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

my mom wants to find one. I think there real but I sometimes imagine bigfoot coming out of the forest with a six pack and a cigar. i don't know why ...