Big News!

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Nov 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

I have just contracted and paid for a Marine Life Dive Endorsement. Which means, once the paperwork is finalized in Tallahassee and sent back, I will be able to collect a wide assortment of odd inverts, and algae.

For the invert crowd, new cleaners will be added to the site, as well as an odd inverts section. The Odd Inverts will either have limited uses in cleaning reef tanks, or would be great cleaners if they weren't "reef safe with caution", or not reef safe at all. Pincushion urchins for example, which we consider to be too careless a cleaner to keep in reefs, will be in this section. Coloring will be awesome, (and custom for the patient), but if it is tearing up your tank looking for camo then I might get complaints..:) Decorator crabs, who might frag your Captain Crunch zoa for a new hat will be available from time to time as well. Other seasonal species will include micro sized decorators and anemone crabs which won't pose a threat, but won't have much cleaning effect.

On the algae front, quality and reliability should greatly increase, at least during the better parts of the year. Want a mermaid fan the size of your head? Yeah we can get you that. Want a pencil cap as a tall 10 inch hitching post in that 100 gallon seahorse tank? Can do. A halimeda clump 16 inches in diameter? I can put you on the short list. Caulerpa in much greater size, quality and selection? Absolutely. Do you guys carry hard to find in stores coralline algae? Soon enough. :)

Anything bad about the changes?
    I will be away for a few days every other week, roaming different spots soon. This will cause email reply "blackout" dates. Notices will be placed on the website prior to and during my departure from the keyboard.
    At some point I will find some extra help to run the website and reply to emails, but for now I feel better micro-managing.

Locals will have to wait a while for a retail store, this opportunity has delayed that venture.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Wow. I thought you always had the best selection and healthiest specimens anyways John. Can't imagine there would even be room for improvement. Congrats!

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Congratulations!! How exciting! Can't wait to see what new critters you have.

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Very exciting news. More selection from an already great supplier can't be looked at as bad:)

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

7. bama

bama Humpback Whale

congrats john

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

Thanks! There are a lot of other cleaner "type" critters we always wanted to carry but were unable to. Cryptic sponge setups for example. That wouldn't be a regular carried item, but if you wanted to try that we can work with you now. Another area of the hobby is using feather dusters and some bivalves for removing detritus and excess food particles is another thing we get requests for. I get emails from time to time about bio-tope packages and it will be nice to finely get to say yes every now and then.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  10. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

Hey John, thats awesome to hear!! On another note i sent another e-mail to yah about another clean up crew for my 125, but havnt gotten a response. Did it not go through?

11. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

does this mean you guys will finally have ulva :p lol

12. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Yes! I have really been wanting to try a cryptic setup alongside my tank.. It would just look like a black plexi box, I think it is a great idea that more people could use