Bi color blenny is munching on my Acan

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by crustytheclown, Mar 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

good lord. i hope that my fish/inverts dont keep trying to eat my corals. I just got rid of my peppermint shrimp cuz they where eating my acans. Than today i noticed on the the acans was showing some skeleton and caught my blenny nipping at it. So i am sure that that is why it looks like crap. I also have other acans that are doing just fine in the same tank, so i know its not the parameters or anything like that. I am wondering what i should do? I really luv the bicolor blenny and how animated he is. One of my favorite fish! But if i keep having problems with him i might need to find a new home for him. I really like corals and want to keep acans in this tank. So if any one has had any issues like this please let me know how you solved it?:-/

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about your problem. Some fish go bad so maybe banish it to your sump and try another in the DT?

4. crustytheclown

i actually dont have a sump, but that would work. Thanks for the reply though

5. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

Yeah I had to banish my bi-color blenny to the sump about a month ago. He started to munch on my open brain. I ended up losing a head on it but the other two are still thriving.

6. crustytheclown

cool i think i am just going to move the acan to another tank and just make sure he is getting feed enough and just watch him. If he starts munching again ill figure something else out i guess>

7. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Yeah thats the gamble with blennies alot of them can become coral nippers. But generally not. Sorry to hear about yours! My blennies tend to use my corals as beds!

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yes, that is an issue with many blennies, especially bi color blennies.

Some are even clam nippers.