Beware of reefwerks! need DIY advice please!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cosmo, Jan 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

best that you send it signature required with a receipt...

2. Click Here!

3. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

I concur, I would also track it too even if it does cost a little more it would definitely be worth it,.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

oh yeah, its getting insurance tracking signature etc! prob gonna cost $50 but its worth it!

5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I too had the ball dropped with him. It's not one review. He may be a great vendor for things that are already built.. but for his custom work, it seems he's getting himself in over his head.

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Ditto that!

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

OK, now that my CC has done a charge back, he's saying he's charging a 15% restocking fee for a custom build!lol! What's custom about a stock DIY kit that comes incomplete?

Especially when he still has a TON of items that was supposed to come with the mysterious reactor?

8. Click Here!

9. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

If I were you I might consult legal advice as his charging of a restocking fee may be a violation of the law. Depending on state and other information. But if the fault is on the company they cannot charge a restocking fee.

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thx mobilized! Good point! Plus the shipping back is gonna be $50! I think at this point it would be in his best interest to not extend this scam and try to bilk a profit out of his screw up!

11. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

A DIY kit is not something that you can just turn around and sell its something that any company would charge to return. Most companies that you would get custom work from wont even take items back. But all in all this was a DIY and not a plug and play?

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

This was a stock from modularled DIY kit, that only had part of it put together! I ordered a hang from the ceiling, plug into the wall complete fixture! Why should I pay a restocking fee when i got shipped the wrong thing? It was their mistake/___________fill in the blank, not mine! If you ordered a 54" lcd samsung TV with surround sound, speaker bar from Best Buy and they sent you kit to make a tube TV and none of the speakers, would you pay a restocking fee?