Beware of reefwerks! need DIY advice please!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cosmo, Jan 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Dont let one bad review steer you away from a great vendor. Could have been miscommunication. I personally have bought many items from reefwerks including a custom sump and skimmer that came from bashsea and just recently a vertex LED light and those arent cheap.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. 1fishyguy

1fishyguy Purple Spiny Lobster

I wont. So far I had great customer service. Just seems like its taking a lil long to get the ball rolling.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Listen, I like Jonathan, seems like a great guy! Service was great until he got my money! Then it was excuse after excuse after excuse! There a 2 other guys that ordered the same thing and got the same result! I was promised a complete, plug into the wall and hang system! I got a very partially completed DIY modularled system! And it took 2 months to basically get an hour worth of gluing led's done! I wish him the best, but enough is enough with me! I'm also missing about $150 worth of other stuff that was bought and has yet to make it! If it was just me, I'd say its a blip! But its 2 others on here with identical stories! Oh well! got my rapidled kit coming soon, and a typhon controller coming from boostled! Guess I'm doing a DIY afterall!

5. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

+1 ditto on that link!

7. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

im going on a month waiting on parts and had a similar issue....same kit except 36 LED and again was supposed to be cree and meanwells he kept sending me emails how he was real impressed with the job hes done this time and what i got i dont see anything special...i dont think its 1 bad review its just the lack of people from here purchasing through them....he was very easy to get in touch with, that is until i paid him and im starting to get fed up with the crap too and he sent me something which is not what i ordered so either one of 2 things I'm going to email him once i get the last of my wiring and hanging kits etc in and I'm going to talk it out and see what he will do in terms of either 1 fixing the issue about the ballasts etc or 2 reducing the prices so that this set up is more properly fit or crediting me someth etc.....

keep in mind i ordered 2 weeks before christmas was told everything should be built and shipped to me by the week after christmas (i mad sure to ask in specific since i wanted to have it by my birthday on january 3rd so my gf could place an order she was going to get for me on my birthday) i was told on multiple occasions oh they're shipping out tomorrow this that and the other thing and well i didnt receive the lights until january 17th...2 weeks after my birthday and 3 and a half weeks later then i was told and the description didnt match up to what i received so if you are a friend of johnathan I would recommend throwing some fuel i the fire underneath him before he completely loses any customer base and integrity...If you would like i could even show you emails where I didnt receive responses for a week or later or he would promise to get back to me the next day and didn't until I sent him multiple emails back at him

8. Click Here!

9. 99taws6

99taws6 Plankton

Screw that!!! I would demand my money back no matter what. You order something and expect that you'll get what you paid for just as the vendor expects you pay him in money and not some over means of settling your debt like corn or wheat.

I used www.stevesleds.com and love my lights and have a new friend. He is great!!

10. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Just a thought, 750 dollars for all the things you were supposed to get seems like the deal of the century. I wonder is this was part of the miscommunication? If you are disputing the charge with your cc, you probably want to send your stuff back. Otherwise your case changes and you most likely won't get what you are hoping for from them. Atvtht dollar amount, you bank won't just eat the claim and neither will the seller.

11. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Well, I should of read the rest of the thread before posting. I get so excited sometimes

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yeah, everything's getting shipped back tomorrow! I ordered the 48 Cree led kit with better drivers/optics/heatsinks and a typhon controller from Boostled! Plus the Cree's are the newer ones from rapid and it was less than what i got that mess for!