Beware of reefwerks! need DIY advice please!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cosmo, Jan 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thx yeah it is, just REALLY ticked off! just needed to take a sec and look! Now I just have to wait on new drivers and a controller and figure out how to make this thing look like what i was promised!

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

So it's 24 gauge wire which no one sells here! Can I use 18 gauge?

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Last harp on this! for a bit!;) So i ordered a complete streamlined plug in the wall and hang system! I got a minimally put together DIY modularled system which seems subpar to rapiled.com's or boostled.com's DIY systems! older Cree's etc! So, I'm gonna ship these back and do what I should've a month ago! Order a rapidled or boostled system! Both guys called me today to help out, even though it wasn;t their system, so I'm gonna have order something from both of them!lol! Maybe the system from rapidled and the typoohn controller from boost? Any thoughts?

5. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Sounds like a plan. If what you got was not what you ordered, I would've shipped it back without a second thought. If a business wants to stay in business, they need to satisfy their customers. That's how it works.

1 person likes this.
  6. jtr38230

jtr38230 Skunk Shrimp

+1 to that Mr. Bill! Business is business. If they can't keep up with demand stop taking orders... or do what reef angel does and say its going to be X amount of lead time and send you what they showed you... Sorry about your bad experience. You will get it figured out. Karma is on your side from all the help you've giving out!

1 person likes this.
  7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thx guys! jonathan does seem like a good guy, just needs some business sense and maybe some more help! But if you ordered a a mercedes online and when it came it was a box of parts that when assembled would be a Honda, you'd be ticked too!lol! I like honda's BTW! Just don't promise me something great and deliver 2 months later average! Oh well! rapidled and boostled, here comes my money! Trying to find feedback on boost's typhoon system!

8. Click Here!

9. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Im too curious about the Typhoon Controller as well.

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

gonna order it, so i'll let ya know! BTW, thanks alot for the help tonight!

11. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

No problem. I'll send you the long distance bill. ;)

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Just what i need right now! more money going out! lol! $600 of crap sitting in front of me, and $600 in carts at rapidled and boostled staring me in the face! BTW orderng the full 48 cree system with 4 meanwell P drivers and black anodized heatsinks! Missing anything? plus the typhoon controller!