Better Pics of Wave2K

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Dador, Mar 9, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Fire that sucker up and post a movie already.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Looks like you got the perfect dimensions on that one. Fits nice in your tank. Nice rock layout too.

Send me a video and I'll post it. Actually you might be able to upload an avi to the photo gallery and link it here.

Please post a review on the review board when you have time.

Anyway, I am excited for you! :) 8) Is it loud? What is the motion like?

5. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

i'm more of a "widescreen" kind of guy so i've always enjoyed tanks that have proportional dimensions (i.e. 24.12.12, 36.18.18, 48.24.24). but your tank definitely has possibilities! i really enjoy your rock work, it reminds me of a deeper-water coral wall...very cool! i agree with covey...let's see a video of that bad boy in motion!

6. Dador

Video On its way!

Sent some vids to Matt. He said he'd get to it this weekend. Just finished my review. Thanks for the compliments on the rock work. Only took about a billion trys.:stars:

7. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Hey really like your hex. The wave2k looks great. We used to have a 55 acrylic hex but sold it because of maintence issues. The tank top opening was too small to work in. Your glass hex looks much better in that respect. How is the flow with the wave? Is it mostly in the upper half of the tank? I would agree with others in adding a couple of maxi-jets. Maybe 1 on each side of the wave box in the mid to lower section of your tank on a timer. You should be able to hide power cords too. Can't wait to see the vids.;D
    Scott

8. Click Here!

9. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

i believe the point in having the custom wave2k was to avoid the use of any powerheads. i can't imagine any dead spots within the tank, the principle behind the device is to allow a constant flush of the entire tank. within the box there is a "wall" that is constantly moving up and down, when the "wall" moves down it is pushing out water at the bottom while taking in water at the top. when it returns to the top, it pushes out water at the top while bringing in water at the bottom...up and down, in and out. the beauty of the device lies in the motor being placed outside the tank, no added heat or electricity. i don't remember the turnover exactly, but it's more than what could have been achieved by powerheads in a tank with those dimensions. i think it's a great idea and i can't wait for the water movement vids and some more pictures when it's stocked dador.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  10. Dador

11. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Sweet, what kind of corals are you going to keep?

12. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

looks awsome...but i cant see the vids :(