Betta Tank on my desk

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by ZepQuarium, Jan 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ZepQuarium

ZepQuarium Spaghetti Worm

Double-tail Betta that lives in a small tank (gallon or 2?) with all [low light] live plants... with a few dwarf shrimp and 2 thorny snails...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Nice :) what are you using for light?

4. hingedthinker

hingedthinker Fire Worm

Nice! I have a 1.5G beta tank on my desk with a few live plants. I enjoy it, but the evap is horrendous.

5. hingedthinker

hingedthinker Fire Worm

6. ZepQuarium

The 'tank' is actually a good size cookie jar... Has lid so evap isn't really too much of an issue... (although it was low @ time of pics whoops)

It sits under my desk lamp, which is just a typical florescent bulb. I leave it on most all day even when I go to work to simulate a 'day' for the fish and plants.

I do have a heater in there, but overall very Low Tech setup...

And ironically it is my girlfriends favorite tank (out of my 30 fresh planted and my 55 reef).

7. ZC42

ZC42 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Do you have a filter? Sort of worried about the o2 situation- if capped...

8. Click Here!

9. ZepQuarium

no filter... thats what the plants are for; the pellia and moss balls do well in stagnant water unlike most plants and help to absorb ammonia and nitrates out of the water. Also, the bowl has a top with an opening for gas exchange & a heater to keep him warm and cozy. A zebra thorny snail keeps the glass clean-thanks Tropic Isle!

Plus my girlfriend comes over and takes the top off to lustfully look at him and tell him how sexy he is... while she feeds him.