Betta Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by karlas, May 10, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Re: beta fish

They are both named Nemo (hey, my daughter is only 6 OK) ;D

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Nice looking couple of Bettas there BirdLady. ;)

I ran out of film. I'll get a pic of Indy for you later (Indiana not Indigo). I have a Kribensis named Nemo,  (after the Jules Verne character, Captain Nemo). He is a cute fat little dwarf cichlid, also good for beginners. ;D

Then there is Ares, my 8" Jack Dempsey. He is in a 55gal with just a Plecostomus named Styx. Ares loves to spit gravel at me when I am sitting here at the computer!!! [smiley=fish.gif]

Ole Ares is almost six years old now!!! He likes giving me any kind of grief he can, rearranging his tank, knocking over rocks, digging holes to the other side of the planet!!![smiley=hehe.gif]

Wow... :eek: I just noticed I'm a Spaghetti Worm...now I have to look it up and find out what they do!!

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

FILM??? Does anyone use film anymore????
    Digital is the waaaayyyyyy to go maaaannnnn! [smiley=beatnik2.gif] [smiley=wave.gif]
    I just take the pic, dump into computer, upload!!

5. cannon2222

cannon2222 Spaghetti Worm

Although I've never owned a beta fish, I'ved always thought they were pretty with very ornate coloration. 8)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

i just got my new betta yesterday and she's not eating at all. when i got her, the lady said it was time to eat so i said i'll feed her when i get home. i got a big tank for her and a few things to "dress it up" but she still won't eat. She comes up to the top and acts like she wants food, but even when i put the pellets right in front of her face she won't eat them. i'm really worried that she might be lonely b/c when i got her, there were a lot of other fish in the tank with her. If you all know of fish that can just sit in the bowl with her without the pump, could you please tell me. Thanks for your help!

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Hi Elyse!

My Bettas won't eat the large pellets for bettas. They only eat the real small ones...Tetra Min Tropical Granules. Are you using the same food as the pet store? Did you declorinate the water you used? Perhaps he just needs time to settle in. My bettas are both kept alone in their own bowls and they are hogs ::) ::)

You have a female betta? I only have males. Have never kept females.

8. Click Here!

9. Bugsy

Bugsy Plankton

Try some frozen brineshrimp. Bettas love that. I never did feed pellets I always fed frozen brine but once you start they will not take anthing else.

If only males would get along, to put some in my 25 gal would be the most beautiful display ever. I do know of a guy whom had a 33 gal and I even seen it with my own eyes, he had 6 male bettas in there. No fighting, tons of plants they all ate together. His trick was adding all 6 at the same time into the tank so there was no ranking . He said they did squable a bit when first added but nothing became of it, they lived for 3 years in this tank with some neon tetras and some other very small tetras. One of the most beautiful displays I have ever seen in a freshwater tank.

Good luck with your female. You can have other females in a tank and they will get along just fine.

10. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

birdlady
    those are 2 nice lookin betas

elyse
    i cant really think of any fish off hand that would survive with out a pump or filter but you can try a female beta im not to sure how that would work out but you can keep multiple females together unlike the males. if he need a friend try to get a female i would say

11. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Hi Elyse!

Has your Betta eaten yet? Got an update?

TY Karlas! Yours is pretty too! I think we have twins ;D

12. cherie

cherie Plankton

Hey everyone! Just needing some help trying to find out if there are any fish you can add with the male betas besides the female betas they're not very pretty (the females) so does anyone no of any fish that can be mixed with them? I was reading on one of the websites and it said you could mix ghost shrimp, neon tetras, black mystery snails, but when I asked a couple of pet shops they said NO! not to waste my money on them. But I read it more than once on the interent, they said not to believe everything I read HAHA well maybe I shouldn't listen to everything I'm told also HAHA anyway does anyone no anything about mixing betas? I like the betas but they look so alone