Betta Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by karlas, May 10, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

its the fresh water section and even though i dont have fresh water tanks anymore i do have a beta

[​IMG]

ill get a pic of my new red and green one soon

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Re: beta fish

Karla do you know what type of algae plant that is? When I upgrade my plant tank I wouldn't mind some of that. :)

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

im pretty sure its just a piece lily you may be able to find someting on this site. they use the peace lilys because the betas eat off the roots of the plant along with regular food

diy betas

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I have a Betta setup like Karlas has,.....my plant is a Lucky
    Bamboo sitting in and inverted Icee Lid to fit the neck of the vase....He loves the roots!!

6. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i like betas they are probably one of the easiest fish to care for. but i would say have them in at least a half gallon to a gallon of water. some people cram them in the little bowls the size of a coffee cup or so and to me its not much room for anything. (just a tip)

7. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Do you remember back when they didn't have the really super fancy Bettas that they do now?

I managed to find one, that is very small and not a lot of finnage, but a pretty little male nonetheless. I have had very good luck with him in one of those old Anchor Hocking 2.5 gal drum-shaped bowls. ;)

I know they are air-breathers but I like to keep a little plastic bubble up filter in there anyway. He seems to like a little current.

Bettas are one of the most relaxing little guys to have around. They all seem to have a different personality.

:)

8. Click Here!

9. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

a long time ago i had a 3 1/2 gallon rectangular tank. it had 2 dividers in it and it came to a litttle over a gallon a section but it was for bettas and you could put 3 bettas in the same tank that was kinda neat to have.

10. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

i have a beta also in a small vase that was given to me as a present. the thing has lived for 2 yrs. i have no idea how that thing lives in such a small space. the most low maintenance fish i've ever had.

11. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i think i would reccomend them definitly as a good beginner fish since they are so easy to care for

12. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I think they live in rice paddy puddles in their natural habitat...that is partly why they breathe air....and they can live in small spaces...

Here is my betta,,,,and then my daughter's betta... ;)

Attached Files: