Best T5 Fixture. (Brand)

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by banthonyb71, Jun 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Best T5 Fixture (Brand)

1. ATI

45.7%
  2. Nova

17.4%
  3. Aquaticlife

17.4%
  4. Tek

8.7%
  5. Sundial

2.2%
  6. Sunlight Supply Tek

13.0%
  7. Current USA

6.5%
  8. Aquactinics

2.2%
  9. Coralife

4.3%
  10. Other

4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Poll is multiple choice. As in poll is made to get the fixtures with the most picks (IN ORDER) Not JUST the number one answer.

Considering how I see alot of questions on recommendations on lighting fixtures. I figured I would ask the most common brands. then I thought I would do a poll based on the top 6 or 7 responses. Also I would like to here reviews on those that own a certain brand so I can put it all together in one thread. So repeats are welcome.

I am using an Aquaticlife
    36"
    Individual Reflectors:Yes
    Cooling: Active (2 fans)
    Splash gaurd: Yes
    Ceiling mountable:No
    Cords:1
    Timer:Yes (individual for days/atinics/moons.)
    MSRP"$270-$300
    My review:I cant compare it to much becuase I havnt owned another but I am growing SPS successfully without even upgrading the bulbs yet. I would like to find how much PAR but Aquaticlife makes there own bulbs and so far so good.

I have also heard good things about Tek,Nova Extreme.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

ATI are the best, active cooling, best reflectors all of the good stuff. Go to reefgeek to see prices.:eek:

4. Tropical_Supply

Tropical_Supply 3reef Sponsor

We use sunlight supply tek lights. Two cords on an 8 lamp 48" model. No moonlights. Individual reflectors. Can be hung from the ceiling and they have an accessory that let's you raise and lower the light very easily, kinda like blinds.

We've gone through several lights and this is where we settled.

5. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Ok. thats good feedback. Any hands on reviews for this model?

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I use Sunlight Supply Tek5 and love them - lots of good reviews on the web about them too

7. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

any other thought, reviews on the best? repeats welcome.

8. Click Here!

9. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

I had a current USA fixture, didnt have any problems with it after I switched some endcaps for the bulbs (they had two switches and some of the bulbs were right next to each other). Just installed Tek ll retro kit, on my new tank. Other then the reflectors being really wide, I like it. But I have only had it running for a day.

10. Reef2Keep

Reef2Keep Purple Spiny Lobster

I really like my TEK, a lot. Solid build, good output and great pricing. I probably would have went with the TEK elite if available at the time, but I still love my unit. That being said, I'll probably get an ATI when ever I manage to upgrade.

11. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

i like sundial. no issues, one cord set to timers. the moonlights are an auto sensor for when the lights are off. Only 4 bulbs though on a 36" shouldnt be too much of an issue since the thanks probably 18" deep

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I currently use the Nova Extreme Pro 6X39w. It's not the best but with my bulb combo it is more than enough for my tank.
    If I could afford it though there would be ATI 660 ballasts in there or I'd have a fixture built by ATI. They are the leaders in T5 performance imho.