best salt to use ?

Discussion in 'Salt' started by yellowviper, Jan 14, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yellowviper

yellowviper Astrea Snail

just a general question on whats been the best you would recomend

2. Click Here!

3. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

Totally depends. My personal favorite is Tropic Marin, great QA and fine grade so it dissolves quickly and great calcium and alk.

But sometimes this salt is hard to find locally and who wants to pay shipping on salt? I would say the next best would be Reef Crystals (for reef tanks) or Instant Ocean (for any SW or reef tank).

Mike

4. yellowviper

yellowviper Astrea Snail

now the problem will be finding Reef Crystals in denver co.

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

6. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

Wow, from first look I would pass that stuff up because of the website and because of the cartoony boxes.

Mike

7. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

[quote author=MacnReef link=board=Salt;num=1105722412;start=0#4 date=01/14/05 at 13:00:02]Wow, from first look I would pass that stuff up because of the website and because of the cartoony boxes.

Mike[/quote]

I think that would be attributable to the "WebMaster" and the package design artists, or lack there of... not the quality of the salt. Then again some manufacturers take themselves all too seriously and not the product that they are actually producing, hence product packaging with pictures of reef aquariums that are highly processed through computers and airbrushing effects or expensive artwork...It makes one think of high fashion models.

Maybe what's inside needs more work than what is outside!!

Drew

8. Click Here!

9. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Yeah, there packaging is a bit cheesy ;D
    I really like it tho. I did lots of reading before I purchased and I am glad I did!

10. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

I agree BL,

So far I'm liking the end results of using the ME 2part. It dissolves as well as the Oceanic and it tests out great as far as calc/alk and mag!! ;)

I was actually referring to some companies that are not taking the time to ensure that their products are consistent. And according to some of the things I have read both here at 3reef and other sources online there is a lot of inconsistency out in the world of salt mixes. :p

I've also read that there are companies taking over other companies and selling the same products under different name brands. Kent and IO for one instance!! Seems like there's some kind of instance of misplaced values in doing that to loyal customers. :-/

Aquacraft is here in California so I pay tax on it, but as you said , BL, the shipping is included, which makes it almost as economical as getting in my car and driving to pick up an alternate choice, and I am getting the product I want. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Drew