Best places to buy live/dry rock?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by s10lowrider1994, Jun 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I didnt turn up much in the search so I'll ask again ;D Where is the cheapest place online to buy live/dry rock? I cant grasp the 300% markup in the local shops for raggedy looking live rock. Nobody around here even carries dry rock so its junk live rock for $10 a pound or nothing. Anyway where are the good (by good I mean cheap) places to order this stuff?

2. Click Here!

3. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I have shopped with bulkreefsupply in the past & really like there rock. The pukani is awesome but on the high priced side. I have thier eco & base in my tank now.

john over at reefcleaners has rock that gets really good reviews. I recommend him based on his quality CuC's. With his repuation for that I can see his rock being just as great.

Marcorocks got some pretty good looking rocks as well. I been eyeing one of thier sand/rock combo's for my new tank. Intiial plan was to go reefcleaners but I read in another thread he is having some sand supplier issues so this is going to be my backup plan.

4. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

I got some rock from Reefcleaners when I set originally set up and I can vouch for it. It is great stuff. And he worked with me to get me the kind of pieces that I was looking for and the price was very reasonable.

5. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

I've ordered reef saver from BRS and loved it. I'll be ordering from reef cleaners next just to try that rock. Looks almost identical from pictures and my experience ordering my cuc was probably my best online purchase to date.

6. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I used marcorocks for dry rock a while back, very happy with it. Good service, good product.

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I am also pleased with my rock from reefcleaners. Good value IMO.

8. Click Here!

9. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

+1 to reefcleaners and marcorocks. I have purchased dry rock from both and been happy with it.

10. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

+1 more to reefcleaners. John gives great customer service along with great prices!

11. Zechenia

Zechenia Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Reefcleaners for sure. Couldnt be happier with the rock I got from John!

12. DustinB32

DustinB32 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

+1 for reef cleaners dry rock. All sorts of shapes and sizes. Overall great rock. Costumer service is great.