best place to buy online fish?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by gfoot2000, Sep 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gfoot2000

gfoot2000 Flamingo Tongue

i was looking at live aquaria and vivid aquariums, i was wondering where everyone else gets their fish online for the best specimens

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

There is also saltwaterfish.com which is also a pretty popular site, i think they usually have better sales then liveaquarium IMO, and they also have the free shipping store with a pretty good veriety in it...that alone makes all the difference lol because lets face it $40 for shipping would much rather be spent on another coral or fish...at least thats how i see it haha!

Oh and for their best fish/corals/inverts ect they have the "eye it buy it" section with pics of what you are actually buying that way you know exactly what your getting

4. BioFreak

BioFreak Feather Duster

+1, SaltWaterFish.com is who I use. I believe LiveAquaria.com has great selection and customer service, but everything I have gotten from them has been crap, unhealthy and barely living.

5. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

Yes they do usually have a bigger selection, but whats the point if it is going to arrive DOA lol. im sure thats not always the case, and i have nothing personally against them, but i have heard more negative then possitive from others, which has caused me to never order through them.

6. gfoot2000

gfoot2000 Flamingo Tongue

Thanks guys for the replies, ill check out the saltwaterfish site

7. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I'm gonna say +1 to the negative side of swf.com. I have yet to have an order where multiple items wasnt DoA. I've called for question, and been read verbatim what the description said, like no personal or professional knowledge. It was like talking to a petland aquarium employee. If you do have a DoA and get store credit you have to spend $60 (minus s&h) to use said credit. I would say hit the google and read some reviews on them before making your buying choice. I wouldnt rate them as bad as aquacon, but they still made the list of places that wont get anymore of my money.

8. Click Here!

9. Caspian

Caspian Coral Banded Shrimp

Well what about using them for dry supplies? I'm trying to find a place that carries dry supplies such as the Seachem Matrix, SeaGel, and Matrix carbon. And everywhere I look they either want too much, the size is too large, or the shipping cost is almost insane.

10. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

11. rlman41299

rlman41299 Skunk Shrimp

i have only used one store online for my fish purchase and it was neither saltwaterfish.com nor liveaquaria.com. i hear good things for both but never tried them.
    since i only buy wrasses and tangs i always use pacificislandaquatics.com. they have few selections but well worth it if you buy multiple fish from them.
    for example a large achilles tang (4"-5") from pacific island cost $140 and same size from liveaquaria and bluezooaquatics star from $290.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  12. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Price on their livestock was pretty good. You had good luck with the fish from there?