Best place fgor flex hose

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by skyvern2130, Apr 26, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Im looking for flex hose for my eshopps overflow with 1in bulkheads whats the best plzace I cant find it in my usal shopping places

2. Click Here!

3. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

I was in my local west marine boating store the other day and noticed that they carry alot of plumbing parts for boats,many of which can be used in our hobby.They had a large selection of hoses including several types and sizes of flex hose.Might be worth a try if there's a similar store in your area.

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Lowes and Home Depot both carry 1" reinforced vinyl tubing by the foot. Some even have black heavy duty vinyl tubing to keep the light out for less algae growth inside it.

5. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

I found a few for 6.99 each.3ft by 1in

6. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

Does it have to be a special tubing that won't leach into water? I bought some from lowes years back & I believe it was for refrigerator use.

7. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Gosh so far I have struck out everywhere I have went I really don't want to hard plumb anything this time around. I really don't want to order it but I guess if I have to
    Everything at my homedepot is way to stiff for my likeing

8. Click Here!

9. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

If you but that clear reinforced tube (the kind with the grid in it) or any tube you can put it in almost-boiling water and shape it pretty good!

Use a big pot like for boiling lobsters. If you can dump the hot water thru the hose, that works kinda ok too.

HD and L0wes usually have the tube, however, it's often on the TOP shelf 13 feet up!

10. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Ya well the rude attitude the person had me at homedepot just made me lose sight and just go home.

11. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Wish I had a pot big enough to do that, I was looking for something alittle more flexible to make it alittle easier to use