Best LED's??

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Bucsfan, Sep 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bucsfan

Bucsfan Flamingo Tongue

I have a 215 gallon sw aquarium and currently run 3 250W metal halides in an old coralife hanging fixture which removed the T5's and was refitted with some blue LED's. I am looking to upgrade. Assuming cost is of no concern (which of course, it always is), what are the best LED's on the market today??

2. Click Here!

3. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

You just opened a can of worms. Ha ha just kidding...not really, but anyways. There quite a few really good LEDs. Raidons are really good from what I've heard. I have kessils over my tank, so I'm one who recommends kessil LEDs.

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

5. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

you cant go wrong with kessil, reefbreeders, or radions. I've installed all three for clients tanks. I personally use reefbreeders on my tank mainly because I feel they are the best bang for the buck and I was on a budget, but there are some really great options out there these days. It really depends on what features your looking for. do you want controllability (lightning storms, rolling clouds, dusk/dawn, multiple color channels)? do you want a thin, sleek design?

6. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

7. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

About a year.

8. Click Here!

9. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I currently have Radions over my 60 cube, however I will most likely be going with Todds recommendation when I get my 220 up and running. He has a beautiful tank and a very good build thread on his system that you may be interested in. I have seen his lights over several other tanks of various sizes and the do a very nice job. Good SPS growth and no reliability issues that I have heard of.

10. Bucsfan

Bucsfan Flamingo Tongue

So are these suggestions (which I greatly appreciate) any better than what I now have?? Needless to say, I know very little about lighting.

11. Kadoogen

Kadoogen Flamingo Tongue

I am a huge Radion fan. I like to compare them to Apple. They may not be THE BEST out there but they are compact/designed well, powerful and very user friendly. They sync naturally with their other products and just makes life easy. They are also upgradable so as your tank grows or they come out with newer lights they sell upgrade kits to keep their lives going for many years.

12. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

I had the one Todd has on my Frag tank, I was getting a lot of GHA in that tank and switched it to a Kessil and i dont have that issue anymore. Now I am not saying they were bad, I know many people that have them. On my DT I run the Acan prisms - LOVE THEM> They work with my Apex- I love the light they through off, I have a mixed tank A lot of SPS and LPS and everything seems to be doing well.