Best LED light for my refuge?

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by SaltyClown, Oct 2, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Hi all,

I did water change tonight on my 75 reef. The past few days I've noticed a few of my montis looked like they were losing polyps. I've been trying to figure out why they aren't looking so well, nothing has changed with my tank...well, my McCoskers wrasse is gone again. I think it might have died this time and maybe it was polluting my tank. The skimmer smelled just awful tonight.

Anyways, as I was looking at my tank, I noticed some of my rocks have herpes, I mean bubble algae and a piece of cheato in my tank grew close to 8 inches this week.

So, I'm thinking this is a sign that my red & blue LED light from ebay, is being out competed by my kessil reef lights, as my cheato in my stump has not grown in months and the fact that there is cheato growing in my DT, along with bubble algae.

So, my question is. What is the best, yet affordable LED refuge light out there? I was thinking maybe a reef breeders light might work, but I've been curious if Kessil plant lights that use red & blue and maybe white lights would work too.

System is a 75 gal DT with 30 gal stump.

What do you use?

Thanks all :)

2. Click Here!

3. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

I currently have a reef radiance DM132 over my fuge. it grows algae quite well down there. I may switch to a true fuge bulb soon for more reds.