Best Food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by ccscscpc, Feb 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ccscscpc

ccscscpc Millepora

I am wondering what people feed their fish and what foods to stay away from.
    I have a couple clowns, damsels and a tang right now.

I feed them some San Francisco Bay Salt Water Multi Pack frozen food along with some pellets every once in a while.

What is the best thing to feed though, and what brands should people stay away from?

I also have a bottle of that Kent Garlic stuff...not sure if thats something people use often for healthier fish.

2. Click Here!

3. Lacy

Lacy Plankton

I make my own food. The fish love it. I feed dry food in the morning and my home made food at night. I use a variety of dried food such as spectrum, Boyd's and a few others.

4. Golden Rhino

Golden Rhino Spaghetti Worm

With clowns, gobies, and pigmy angels, I feed frozen krill, clam, squid, bloodworms, brine and mysid shrimp, kelp, and spinach. You might want to include the greens for the tang- they are omnivores.

Personally, I don't feed dried foods. I've often heard that pellets, flakes, and freeze-dried foods are high in phosphates.

I've also never used garlic- I've only seen it recommended to help entice finicky butterflies into accepting prepared foods.

Cheers

5. fish-aholic 94

fish-aholic 94 Gigas Clam

6. ccscscpc

ccscscpc Millepora

Whats the feeling on that Julian Sprung Dried Sea Veggies-Seaweed?
    Is that a good food to give to the tank?