Berlin X2 Protein Skimmer by Red Sea

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 23, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

When the original Berlin protein skimmer came out in 1993, it was a big deal at the aquarium store I worked at. No other skimmer was like it with it's internal configuration that extended water/air contact time. Now the new Berlin X2 protein skimmer claims a 50% increase in skimmer performance over the original model.
    <br />
    [​IMG]
    Berlin X2 Protein Skimmer by Red Sea

The X2 skimmer also comes with a patented FoamView collection cup that allows for easy viewing of skimmate level within the cup. :cheesy:

The Berlin X2 is available with a pinwheel (Turbo model) or venturi (Venturi model). The Turbo is rated for aquariums up to 225 gallons and the venturi is good for aquariums up to 150 gallons in size.

More info:
    Red Sea Berlin X2 Venturi Protein Skimmer (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Protein Skimmers > Hang On > Venturi With Needle Wheel )

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. Reefdiver72

Reefdiver72 Feather Duster

I ran 2 of these on my system till I got my etss now I run them at the store with ehiem pumps not sure what size they work well for the price I think.

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I have been a fan of the old Classic and the X.L and can say nothing bad about them a great skimmer for the cost and better then many that cost more.. I went with the ETSS myself and the Precision Marine bullet 3 , But if this new X2 works any better then its daddy then its a solid work horse..

5. HotStix71

HotStix71 Astrea Snail

I am using the EuroReef 135 for a few months now--still not convinced

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Is this comment about the Berlin Skimmer? Not sure I follow you.

Looking for information on the Berlin X[SUB]2[/SUB] skimmer. :)

7. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

The Berlin X2 is available as a Turbo or a Venturi (for those wanting to use ozone). Check out www.redseafish.com and you will also see the new C-Skim 1200 Skimmer for even larger aquariums. Really cool self-cleaning system too!

8. Click Here!

9. coldmarineguy

coldmarineguy Flamingo Tongue

Excellent hang-on skimmer that I've been using for over 12 years now....hardly ever have problems and their after-sales service is second to none...