Berlin Turbo OUT Ordered a new Skimmer!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by RoloSaez, Feb 19, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

I've had the Berlin Turbo for 12 plus years the Pump Impeller really (that I made work to create bubbles using a dremmel) went out on it figured now is a good time to upgrade. Will replace the impeller later and use it in the future Koi Pond. What are your thoughts on this skimmer? It's for a 125G DT with a 55G fugue.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Reef Octopus Diablo Extreme XS-200

Initial impression was "Holy cow this thing is huge." I went with the two hundred because my refugium is a 55 G and the main aquarium is 125 G. In comparison to the Berlin Turbo that I purchased twelve years ago. Skimmers have really changed. The cup of the Diablo is gigantic. It fit in the sump thankfully. From the pictures I seen online it didn't appear to be any bigger than the Berlin Turbo. BOY WAS I WRONG! LOL

Attached Files:

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Congrats on the upgrade. Reef Octopus is one of the better skimmers on the market.

BTW, don't think the Berlin will do much for a Koi pond. Freshwater doesn't lend itself well to protein skimming; the necessary foaming is inherent only to saltwater.

5. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Berlin Turbo is retired.:-/ I was talking about the pump LOL. It needs a new impeller. ;D Thanks. I'm impressed so far it already started working. Break in period so I will keep my eye on it. 8)

6. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Reef octopus update.

5 days in and I emptied the cup for the first time. About had to clear the house. Skimmate was smeeeeeely.

Attached Files:

7. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

forgot to add this picture last night.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

I love stinky skimmate , the smellier the better :)

Attached Files:

10. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

I don't think the Berlin Turbo was working this good. The cup on the Diablo needs to be emptied again.