Banggai Cardinalfish won't eat.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Courtster, Dec 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden 3reef Sponsor

Might try some live brine shrimp to get them started.

What size tank do you have?
    Do they hang out together or on seperate ends of the tank?

Jack

2. Click Here!

3. Courtster

Courtster Feather Duster

120g They hang out in the same general area, far left side of the tank. One of them primarily stays hidden and the other will venture out from time to time when the lights are on, both may come out a bit when the lights are off. I have seen them nip at each other once or twice. My guess would be they are of the same sex.

4. TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden 3reef Sponsor

I wouldn't worry too much about them just yet. They may be stressed from the move.
    Males go almost a month without eating when they have eggs in their mouth.

Jack

5. Courtster

Courtster Feather Duster

Well one of the two is eating great now, and much more active. The other still isn't eating much, he'll attempt to pick at food, but spit it out; and he pretty much stays in the corner most of the time.

Tried rod's food too. Everyone loves it. Think there was a nice sized piece of octopus or something in it when I fed everyone last night. One of my clowns grabbed it and wouldn't let go, chewed on it for 20 minutes breaking it up to eat. Look like her mouth was stuffed with one giant cotton ball. lol

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Try feeding when the lights are out. Cardinals are nocturnal feeders after all and may not feel comfortable feeding when the lights are on.

7. Yellow Tang

Yellow Tang Bubble Tip Anemone

does the cardinal looked damaged or hurt in any way

8. Click Here!

9. Courtster

Courtster Feather Duster

No he doesnt look hurt.

I dont think hes going to make it another day. Hes looking very thin and discolored. Tonight he's staying near the sand in the corner of the tank. He'll lay there for a while, then move a little bit, then lay there against the rock again. :cry:

I'm going to try and target feed him now that the lights are off, but I don't think its going to help.

10. Yellow Tang

Yellow Tang Bubble Tip Anemone

sorry:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

11. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Man that sucks. Hope he makes it. Its been hit and miss for me. My first Bangi didnt eat, the second did just fine and my Pajama is doing great. I think it has a lot to do with whether their wild caught or tanked raised.

12. Courtster

Courtster Feather Duster

Well he didn't even budge for garlic soaked mysis. It just fell all around him. He's really looking deathly. Should I consider pulling him out, or just let nature do its thing in the tank?