Back again, again.

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Magnus, Mar 19, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Hello, everyone! It has been a long while. I hope everyone is doing great!

I was looking for a post that I was sure I made where I described my reef disaster, but I suppose I never posted it. Long story short: absolute, disgusting tank crash due to a miscalculation on my alkalinity dosing and a heater that got stock on "on"... all in 1 day, at the same time.
    One evening everything looks good, took my levels, mixed a brand spanking new batch of alk and adjusted my dosing to what I thought was the "sweet spot". I did notice that my water temp was a slightly warmer to the touch, but I didn't keep an eye on it. Next morning when I wake up... you know the story, everything alive was dead or dead and white.

Since, I had been extremely discouraged and even though I tried forcing myself to "fix it"... I took my sweet time.... started losing interest. Months & months with an empty aquarium, the only thing that survived (came back) were aiptasia and flat worms. Life got busier, upgraded my wife, blah blah...

About 6 months ago, I started missing my tank. So here I am. Same gear (some of it bad, or in dire need of change, like my lighting & skimmer is in need of a really good cleaning), but I know I have it in me to get things where they need to be! I have been doing W/C's I have saved money for a brand new light (for which I would like your input and recommendation)

I'm glad to see all of you again!! My excitement for my aquarium is back!!! And I'm really, REALLY, looking forward to spending some quality time with all of you and my found again hobby :)

- Mag.

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Hi Mag, glad you're back.

Can you direct me to the department where you can get an upgrade on spouses please.

Sataly and ReefBruh like this.
  4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

yes, I'd like to look at that directory also lol - welcome back to the exciting hobby and the forum!

ReefBruh likes this.
  6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Thank you, everyone!

Corailline, funny you say that. The answer is "greens section" in the vegetables department of Publix! Oh, snap! (Yes, I did it, i said "Oh, snap!")

There was no directory, Mindy. But i got something better and it comes with pictures... HERE ;-)

Corailline and ReefBruh like this.
  7. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Welcome back! Sometimes bad endings bring great new beginnings.

10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Vinny! I almost missed it!

:);):D :beer: :cool: (I know you'll understand!)

Thanks!

Thank you! That's a beautiful thing to say. It's very moving even to think about how that applies to us, reefers!

Still excited! Still determined!

Vinnyboombatz and DSC reef like this.
  11. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

12. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Thank you, Sir! I'm as excited as it gets. I pulled the trigger on my new lights, tomorrow I'll go to my LFS and get some aiptasia X (Maybe the one I have is expired and that's why it won't work) and flatworm exit. I'll try my very best to keep those pests away. They're like the freaggin terminator and keep coming back, only without the funny "I'll be back". Little pestering pests!