Baby Spotted Bass

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by H20, Sep 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. H20

H20 Plankton

Hey guys whent out to my lake cought a baby spotted bass or baby large mouth bass im not sure :p hes only about 2 inches long i cought him with a tiny 3 prong hook whene i cought him i did not notice him to be hurt the hook whent thrue his lip only i thought and he was barley hooked whene i got him to shore but i found out whene i got home later that he was injued in his eye a little bit it did not puntured or push his eye that i can see but there is a tiny tiny bit of blood in his eyeball hes eating fine tho he ate 9 baby gupys i got for him and he acts happy hes in a 20 gallon tall tank with a 55 gallon fluval filter and a 20 gallon HOB filter the water is very clean i do water changed every day of about 1 third of the water and he has many many live planes i bought at the store for him to hide in also bought 2 logs with holes cut out of them for him to hide in and hes under x2 6500k daylight/actinic bulbs which seem to be working very well for the tank any advice on what is going on would help.

P.S Sorry my punctuation is so bad guys i dont really make whole sentences bear with me please and also i will make sure to get hime a huge tank whene he gets full grown ill probably end up egtting a 300 gallon or so he will be happy :).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

With that much filtration plus live plants, you really should not need to change that much water. Personally, I would check Nitrates and just change 10% when needed. That would actually help reduce stress.

As for his eye, he may have injured it during the fight when you caught him. It should heal, but watch it closely for infection.

4. H20

H20 Plankton

ok thank yah very very much