baby snails?????

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by mannyhernz, Dec 19, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Fire Worm

recently while taking a close look at my tank i notice an array of small coil like white dots on the back glass of my tank.couple of days later i found a tiny i mean tiny turbo snail.could those white coil like dots are eggs or tiny snails forming??? would be nice to find out what they are!;D

2. Click Here!

3. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Got a pic? always easier with a pic.

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

i know those, they r tiny micro feather worms i love those little guys, they start growing everywhere!

5. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Fire Worm

feather worms huh??? so what explains the new turbos i have???

6. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Most snails lay eggs all the time on the glass. I don't think it's any thing to worry about. Scrape them off or leave them. "your choice"
    Jim

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hmmm new turbos eh, well ur old turbos might have laid eggs but from what you described the little white swirls r not them.

8. Click Here!

9. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

You've got a big tank. Those turbo snail eggs could have been anywhere -- under a rock, on the glass behind something, etc.

I'll have to get some snails. The new lights I got are making the algae grow like crazy.

In other snail news -- with this post, I believe I am no longer an "Astrea Snail." Only 25 more posts until I become a Flamingo Tongue (whatever that is!)

10. OverThinker

OverThinker Skunk Shrimp

Haha

Better than being aiptasia anemone aye? I think I have those little things all over my tank now too. But I have a feeling mine came from a batch of grape calpeura that I bought from the LFS, stupidly put in the DT, and then frantically fished out after reading mutiple horrow stories.

Keep me updated!

11. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

You have spirorbid worms. Harmless.

12. longballz84

longballz84 Spaghetti Worm

if its a small coil of white dots im going to say im 90% sure they are snail eggs, even without pics...

i have snail eggs that pop up every other week on the glass, and they are just like u described, they actually resemble frog eggs in a way...

the person i got them from actually said they repro. in his tank, if u get too many when they are big, take them to the LFS