Azoo Neo-Light?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by norg., Nov 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Now that i am doing more and more research i am seeing that most of the lights i have been looking at are pretty high in price. I would love to have a 70w clamp on metal halide fixture but it is just out of my price range at the moment. From there i stumbled upon the Azoo Neo-Light. I was thinking i could add this along with my 9w pc fixture that I am currently using. This is starting to seem like my best option but I was wondering if anyone one here has had any experience with these lights? I would like to hopefully keep a green birdsnest in the future so I need something with enough power to keep it alive and well.

If you are not familar with this light check it out here...
    Aquarium Lighting & LED Lights: Azoo Neo-Light at Drs. Foster and Smith

2. Click Here!

3. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

im not confident that can keep sps

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

5. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

thanks for showing Mike's tank, well it dosent look dim. go for it. like you said you are adding this light with another pc light. definatley wont hurt

6. jossmalo

jossmalo Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I was doing some research and I have found that most people have issues with the water levels always changing. Because of the constant evaporation, your water is never really "stable," if you will. So although you can keep more light dependent corals, make sure they are still pretty hardy to handle.

But for your price range I would go LED. If you buy a cheap MH your gonna have problems with heat and I couldn't imagine if your already doing 1-2 cups of TO a day that would be a pain in the rump.