Awesome 3D Backgrounds

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Hellfury, Aug 18, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Hellfury

Hellfury Plankton

I am quite positive many of you here know of, or at least heard of the British company "Tropical Marine Cetre".

Well this company has recently made a really nice addition and alternative to plastic film backgrounds.

The idea isnt new, I have seen a few sites that feature 3 dimensional backgrounds for museum use.

But this stuff is neat. Sadly I have not seen any retailers in the united states that carry it. Central Pet distributors (The walmart of the pet world) hasnt even heard of them yet.

Anyways, without further ado, Natureform Backgrounds

Has anyone used these yet?

Does anyone know a price for these?

I want the "Kisa Grey" background so bad I am almost willing to pay the exorbitant import tariffs.

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

4. giopimentel

giopimentel Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Am I the only one who just paints thge back of their tanks black. The Photos or 3d backgrounds do nothing for me anyways.

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Welcome to 3 Reef!!!

Mine is just a blue background. While I do like some of the 3D backgrounds I have seen, those look like recycled freshwater backgrounds to me. They don't look anything like a reef, IMHO.

Would look great in a cichlid tank, Fish only or planted tank, but reef? I have seen better ones, albeit homemade ;D

I am right now in the process of setting my rocks up on eggcrate, and am going to take some of the smaller rocks and tie them to eggcrate and place it against the back and side of the tank and mount some corals to that so it will go all the way up one corner wall. Labor intensive, but I think it will look a little more realistic. ;)

6. 00nothing

00nothing Astrea Snail

anyone seen the DIY exapanding foam backgrounds i tried to do one in a 10 gallon tank but think i used way to much of the stuff it swelled halfway into the tank but u gotta see this one its gorgeous

[​IMG]

the background is all foam spray and apparetly this stuff take coralline like mad

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

That looks nice...I like the hidden return pipe in the center ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Scubadude

Scubadude Plankton

Coral Cove Resort, Puerto Galera, Philippines
    isnt expanding foam toxic?

10. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Apparently there are some that are fine. There are quite a few DIY projects floating on the 'net'..some are painted as well, with special paints ;)

11. 00nothing

00nothing Astrea Snail

the foam to look for is called great stuff and its available at home depot theres 2 diffrent cans though u want the least expanding one i grabbbed the one for large gaps swelled like crazy

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish