Australian Buckles Up Beer Not Child

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Matt Rogers, May 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This is messed up. John you must straighten these people out.

FOXNews.com - Australian Man Fined for Using Seat Belt for Case of Beer, Not Child - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

"DARWIN, Australia — An Australian man has been fined after buckling in a case of beer with a seat belt but leaving a 5-year-old child to sit on the car's floor, police said Tuesday.

Constable Wayne Burnett said he was "shocked and appalled" when he pulled over the unregistered car Friday in the central Australian town of Alice Springs.

The 30-can beer case was strapped in between two adults sitting in the back seat of the car. The child was also in back, but on the car's floor.

"The child was sitting in the lump in the center, unrestrained," Burnett told reporters Tuesday.

"I haven't ever seen something like this before," he said. "This is the first time that the beer has taken priority over a child."

The driver was fined 750 Australian dollars — about $710 — for driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle and for failing to ensure a child was wearing a safety belt."

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

I told you them aussies are an odd bunch! And what let JohnO straighten them out? are you crazy? is this a joke? he'll bend them into a circle!

4. target001

target001 Skunk Shrimp

sadly enough its a day to day thing in aus, alot of people do it especially in the small towns in the middle of nowhere

if johnO is to sort these people out he will be very busy for many years :p

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  5. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

geez , dad used to put me in the back of the ute and the dog in the front seat!! ;D no sorting out needed down here fellas!!;D

6. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Why do I have to straighten them out? :) I mean Kev and I both said SORRY, so it's no longer my fault, so there :)

7. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

I recon they got all wrong,
    Kid probly jumped on the floor of the holden Kingswood to pick up some loose change that fell out of his dads stubbies just as his dad stopped for the Policeman,
    and the copper just saw the kid on the floor
    In reality the blokes were looking after the kid real good by supplying him with a cold booster seat to ward off the wicked N.T heat :)

8. Click Here!

9. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Don't know what all the fuss is about :) Everyone knows that an unrestrained loved one in the back seat can be a killer, that's why they have seatbelts in the back isn't it? Why else would the the 30-can beer case been securely buckled up?

I know this as a fact as I still bear the 'nodding dog" scar in the back of my head.

John

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator