Auriga Butterflyfish

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by dracdliw, Apr 19, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dracdliw

dracdliw Plankton

i was recent given a Auriga Butterflyfish for a birthday present but the person who got the fish for me didn't realize that the fish isn't reef safe i haven't noticed anything troubling yet should i worry and try and find a home for the fish or just keep an eye on it for now

2. Click Here!

3. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I feel it's like one of those hit or miss things. I have a matted file fish in my 90 reef with quite a few big lps pieces and he hasn't touched them and I've heard stories where they will decimate the entire tank of corals. you can take a chance and just monitor very carefully and keep it well fed or just say nope

4. dracdliw

dracdliw Plankton

so far so good it doesn't seem to be bothering anything it seems happy to have alot of room to swim around and hide its more content just finding all the holes to swim through

5. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I'll put a another bug in your ear just for the sake of it. be warned that their maybe a time where he might not take interest in it for a while and then just a switch will flip and he'll go coral nuts. always pay close attention to corals and never write him off as not a problem if the corals are looking kinda funny.

DSC reef and Vinnyboombatz like this.