Auqascape with rock "stands"

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by 2_slow_5.0, Jul 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2_slow_5.0

2_slow_5.0 Flamingo Tongue

Just been thinking of re-designing my LR and after looking around seen many people using PVC to make stands for rock or to hold it together. Obviously you can see that pipe in many applications so I started searching for acrylic round stock and found several places to get it for a couple bucks a foot depending on the size. Anyway when I get back in town and get mine redone I will get some pictures but thought I would share the idea.

CLEAR CAST ACRYLC ROD - Plastic Rods

There is an example of what I am talking about. Just cut it to desired length and drill your rock then insert where needed to stack or whatever you are doing. Add a little epoxy and you have a undetectable rock scape thats custom to your desires.

2. Click Here!

3. bluetang08

bluetang08 Purple Spiny Lobster

I used PVC and simply covered it with sand it is not visible and it serves the purpose of keeping the rocks off the botttom to allow flow throughout the entire SB with no dead spots. Your idea will work also I just didnt want to drill the rock