Attaching GSP to glass.

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Nealio, Mar 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nealio

Nealio Coral Banded Shrimp

I was given a large mat of GSP and I want to attach it to the back glass of my nano. I've ready that the best way to do it is with either frag mags, or to superglue it. I don't own any frag mags so I tried the superglue method several times to no avail, it simply won't stick to the glass. Has anyone done this with any success?

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

do you have coraline on your glass? the gsp might just grow up it by itself. or try and "coax" it up the glass. or have you tried the putty? ive gotten my gsp to start up my overflow. now in tryin to do the same with xenia

4. Nealio

No Coraline, and what do you mean by putty? Are you talking about epoxy? If so, I could run out and get some and give that a shot.

5. divott

divott Giant Squid

the reef putty. 2 colored ,usually green or red on the outside , white in the middle. knead them together til mixed , and stick stuff. not sure how well it would work on the glass tho. prob not porous enough now that i think of it

6. Dr. Reefenstein

Dr. Reefenstein Fire Shrimp

Your going to need some coraline on the area where you want to apply it... Mine has covered the entire side wall of my tank, which was covered with coraline... Start to dose Purple-Up and it should start to grow on your glass then "prop" up the GSP's against the area to where you want them to grow and they should take.... Hope that helps.

7. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

You don't need purple up, all you need is to keep your water parameters, like Ca, alk, and Mg in order, decent lighting and some coralline algae to seed your tank.

8. Click Here!

9. divott

divott Giant Squid

thought id just throw this pic in , its not glass theyre growing up, but looks cool imo. im waitin to see who wins out, gsp or xenia. thats my overflow theyre startin to go up.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  10. Dr. Reefenstein

Dr. Reefenstein Fire Shrimp

100% correct. But to accelerate the process you may want to think about it.

11. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

Good job, I really like the contrast of colors between the GSP forest and Xenia forest. K+

1 person likes this.
  12. Nealio

Thanks guys, I guess i'll just wait until I have some coraline going.