Attaching corals to liverock

Discussion in 'Frags' started by skennelly, Feb 11, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skennelly

skennelly Coral Banded Shrimp

What's the preferred method for attaching corals and the small rock piece that comes with them to your liverock structures. I have one coral that I'm afraid it might fall off the ledge I put it on.

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hmm well u can use some epoxy, the one i use is the green stuff in the tube lol i dont know name but its in all fish store...other wise u can just put it on the rock....what kind or coral is it?

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Superglue ;D

Altho I have not had the opportunity to do this yet, and perhaps someone could post the brand name and if it cures properly under water???

5. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Super glue and super glue gel. My wife has glued many frags using this method. Gorgonians and corals. We have tried the cheapies and the brand names they all have worked so far.
    Jim

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

[quote author=skennelly link=board=General;num=1108157055;start=0#0 date=02/11/05 at 16:24:15]What's the preferred method for attaching corals and the small rock piece that comes with them to your liverock structures.  I have one coral that I'm afraid it might fall off the ledge I put it on.

[/quote]
    Superglue gel or epoxy for sps and lps corals and "mother nature" for softies. What kind of coral are you trying to attach?

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

r u gona post some pics of the frags? :)

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Bruce link=board=General;num=1108157055;start=0#6 date=02/12/05 at 22:41:35]r u gona post some pics of the frags? :)[/quote]

Probably tomorrow. :)

11. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

fosters and smith sells a pink epoxy for marine use. The pink is supposed to match coralline algae

12. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Here is a link to a super-glue type adheasive that many reefers in our local club use. It's called ic-gel. This is the manufactures home page. Scroll down till you see the IC-gel product. It can be found in most hobby stores. This stuff works great for glueing hard coral frags. I have used it under water also. Squeeze out a nice blob on your rock and on the frag. Hold in place 30 seconds to a minute and it's done.
    http://www.bsiadhesives.com/Pages/hobby/ca.html
    Scott