ATI fills void with LED/T5 PowerModule

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice to meet you as well OC. Getting Greg to call me over the PA system is a great way to find me. hehe :) Please keep in touch.

Glad you had fun ibefishy and liked the light. Sorry I missed you. I guess you didn't know using the show audio system was an option. :lol:

I asked about price and more on the LEDs but Greg was tight-lipped. Apparently that is the first unit over from Germany and subject to change. I don't think it will be cheap, but I do think the ATI LED PowerModule will win some fans.

matt

2. Click Here!

3. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Matt, I did some digging and found that the brand of LEDs ATI used are Phillips.

4. OCreefer

OCreefer Flamingo Tongue

How about this one I got last year came from Italy? The price was killing me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

I'm thinking it will be around $1200-$2200 depending on the size.

6. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

I saw this fixture at RAP on Sunday and talked with Greg about it for a bit. Looks to be the best of both worlds if you love T5s but are afraid to take the plunge into LEDs. I definitely will be ordering one when they hit the market!

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thank you sir. They got back to me and told me they are Phillip 3w LEDs. Interesting choice. What do you guys think of that?

matt

8. Click Here!

9. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

I dont really see a issue they arnt crees but you are supplementing with t5's sounds like a win win

10. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

The Phillips luxeon ES are in some cases better than Cree (specifically the royal blues) they are great LEDs across the board. Solid choice