ati blue plus bulbs

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by skiergd011013, Feb 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skiergd011013

skiergd011013 Peppermint Shrimp

anyone have experience with these bulbs? for four months i have been trying to find the bulb combo that i like. i want a blue tank(hate white) but good par. my saltwater stores tanks all glow blue and his reef tanks look amazing. i guess it is ati blue plus bulbs. i have a four 54w fixture and i want to run 3 ati blue plus and one 460 nm actinic. sound like a decent combo?

2. Click Here!

3. WuWu

WuWu Feather Star

I've got 2ati aquablue specials and 2 ati blue plus in mine it's not super blue but it's def not white

4. skiergd011013

i think 3 blue plus and one 460 actinic will finally give me the look i want, and in my research the blue plus has good par so if you want a bluer tank it would be the bulb to use. my local store has a reef tank thats corals are not for sale so they have been in there for a long time. the tank is completley blue....and every coral in there looks amazing...and coralline growth certainly benefits from all the blue lighting.

5. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

well lets get them ordered already! and post some before and after pics for all of us to see!

6. skiergd011013

i will post some pics when im running 3 blue plus and one 460 actinic which will hopefully be soon;D

7. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

I just got my lights and in them i went with the blue plus, heres my setup and i love it, has good blue and a lil white.

front-Aquasun
    Super Actinic
    Blue plus
    Aquablue

My corals love it and have already started to see dramitic improvement with my coraline and coral growth espically on my war coral, hope that helps

8. Click Here!

9. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

Hiya

Can i just get that im reading this right? You want to run nothing but blue bulbs? Good for colour, not so good for growth. You need to have some white in there. If your running x4 atis can i suggest this

x1 Aqua blue Special
    x1 Blue +
    x1 Actinic
    x1 Aqua blue special

Just IMO - but that would give you mainly a blue look.

10. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

From what I have been reading when I bough my bulbs was that ATI blue+ had one of the highest par values of any bulb so you shouldnt have to run a white bulb unless you want a whiter look. At least that was my understanding. Im currently running 5x Blue+ 2x actinic white and a ge 6500k

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

11. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

ATI Blue Plus definitely do provide enough PAR to grow anything, they have more PAR than some "daylight" bulbs. I've grown SPS under 2 Blue Plus bulbs for months in a crappy Nova Extreme fixture so I'm sure they'll be fine if you have decent reflectors.
    FWIW that is going to be REALLY blue and you will probably find a lot of colors look washed out especially some reds/oranges/yellows unless they flouresce.
    You could consider getting a more purple bulb like the Fiji Purple or maybe the UVL 75/25 which is more pinkish but it might help keep some of your other colors. I don't think 1 non-blue/actinic bulb with 3 Blue Plus will make it too white but I don't know how serious you are about your love of blue. :)
    Obviously it depends on your personal taste and the corals/fish (your fish will look completely different as well) you're keeping but just something to keep in mind. It might be a good idea to get at least one more bulb of a different color so you can try different combos to see what you like best.

12. reddog

reddog Bristle Worm

I just replaced my bulbs after much research and went with 2-Ati blue plus,1-UV super actinic and 1-KZ fiji purple and its Blue Blue Blue.I love it and the Fiji Purp makes all the other colors pop.Beautifull combo.You can find a pic under the ( T5 Bulb Combinations w/ Pictures ) thread.Its Travis's nano tank, page 3 i believe.