Ask Your T-5HO Questions Here

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Covey, Jan 25, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I might be the only person on 3Reef that runs T-5HOs. It the newest light out there and it to be and to get a hard answer on anything so I am here to help! So rather than running around throw my two cents on the end of everyone thread I decide to start what I hope will be a long thread to answer your questions. Buy this stuff and you won't be disappointed

2. Click Here!

3. jnbahwkins

jnbahwkins Fire Worm

;) I lilke cp-30's and r2d2's,they work the best for me. ;)

4. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Oh Yeah since I am upgrade to a 75g I will be buying my second T-5HO system(more info).

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I am under the impression that you absolutely need the correct reflectors to get the PAR values they are claiming? How much difference do the reflectors make?

And, am I correct they take up the same space as the VHO's due to the reflector size?

Also, while you are at it....hehe...could you explain a little bit about the T-5's? Advantages? Disadvantages? etc...

Thanks!!! ;D

6. acenia

acenia Spaghetti Worm

hi
    i was wondering if i buy 2x24 watts of T-5 HO for my 20 gallons how much watts per gallon will that make and will it be enough ? or am i better with PC? right now i got one 15 watt neon so its obviously not enough and i need to upgrade.

thanks in advance

7. reef_novice

reef_novice Astrea Snail

By the way Acenia is stoping Marc to install his sump for the 55gl and even stoping Marc to switch his 55 to a 120gl....

This is very bad.... lollll

Yves

8. Click Here!

9. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Ok for those of you that are wondering what is going on here...

Acenia is my girlfriend witch Yves obviously knows. So were just joking around. Sorry if the mods cant moderate what were writing cause its french but its nothing bad. I will translate if you want.

Its just fun and games....

Marc.

10. Save_the_Reef

Save_the_Reef Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

you can fit 8 T-5 HO bulbs into an 8 1/2 inch wide hood, since the bulbs are only 5/8" wide.

11. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Yes, technically, but I was told if you don't have the proper reflectors, you are wasting your money and the reflectors take up the space,,you need a separate reflector for each bulb.....no?

12. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Crap sorry I started this link then set up my 75g and got a little disracted. The whole reflector thing seem to be hype. I am not sasy a purpose built reflector is a bad idea but the Coral-vue kit I run has a "standard" square style reflector and it doesn't seem to make much of a differents. The Lumens per watt is the higher with T-5HO than ANYTHING else. Read brighter or more energy effiecient. So they use about 40% less electricity than Metal Halides (TFH future of reef keeping).
    acenia : I can say without question that you are better off with T-5HO than PC. I own two high end JBJ PC lights. I incorprated one of the 65w 10K PC bulb in to the retro with the T-5HO. The 39W daylight T-5HO looks to be almost twice as bright as the 65w PC :eek:.