As reefers, concering RO water specifically, are we wasteful?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Brandon1023, Jan 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I will have to TDS my wastewater sometime Roger, I am curious to see what it would read since it already reads 300 going in!

2. Click Here!

3. spencerltu

spencerltu Plankton

VERY WASTEFUL! I buy my water. only 29 cents per gallon

4. newbie

newbie Bristle Worm

Wow I just set out an email to night to air water ice I dont have any where to get water from any more as the lfs is closing I have a septic system and i dont know if all the extra water going in to it will have an impact on it or not I didnt know there was that much waste that came from these thing any body else dump the waste in the s tank?

5. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

If you're worried about the septic (I have no clue as to how much water one can handle!) just have your waste line run outside. If it doesn't freeze much there just run it outside the house somewhere in the yard. If it does freeze a lot just put 2 seperate lines with a valve so you can let it run in the yard (or garden) during the summer then down the drain when it is cold.

6. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

SHHHHHH!!! Yes it is... Plants & lawns are very green.. "treehuggers find any reason to start controversy"

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

correct me if im wrong be i think certain di machines don't have waste water.

8. Click Here!

9. ComputerJohn

I'm glad you asked this question. I'm confused myself!!!

10. ComputerJohn

Here's a simple solution. Most homes have a sump pump area right? Have your waste water drain into that area. Any excess, your sump pump will pump it out.

11. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

In the summer my RODI runs into my rain barrel and I use it to water the garden and plants. In the winter I use it to water the plants from my pond that have been bought into the house but most of it goes down the drain.

12. awa1979

awa1979 Astrea Snail

Okay, I am gonna have to ask what a sump pump area is and what it does in a house.

I have never lived in a house with any area like this. Maybe its a regional thing?