arrowhead crab

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by JOER0178, Mar 1, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JOER0178

JOER0178 Peppermint Shrimp

This weekend I got a bristleworm trap and started catching the bristleworms in my tank. I caught 5 already but Ive found atleast 5 more that I can see. I heard arrowhead crabs eat bristleworms. does anyone know if this is true and if the are ok to add to a reef tank Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. JOER0178

Also while im at it pepermint shrimp eat aiptasia right

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Bristle worms are not bad. They are important detrivores and sand stirrers. Arrow crabs can grow large enough to eat your fish. remember God gave 'em claws for a reason, yikes!

Peppermint Shrimp are hit and miss on aiptasia. If you get the right species and the aiptasia are small, then you have a chance. This will link you to a good article on Peppermint Shrimp:

http://www.reefs.org/library/article/hopkins_redfield.html

The Peppermint Shrimp I had wouldn't touch my aiptasia, but loved my Bubble Tpped Anenome so much they killed it.

The basic message here is don't put anything in your tank unless you have researched it as critters go in easier than they come out. Sometimes you have to tear down your rock work to get the job done, yuck!

5. JOER0178

I guess i will stop trapping the bristleworms then.

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

My bristle worms are no bigger than two to three inches in length after two years.

7. JOER0178

i GUESS ILL GET THAT JOES JUICE STUFF FOR THE AIPTASIA INSTEAD OF THE SHRIMP