Are YOU hispanic?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by elweshomayor, Dec 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blazinlow89

blazinlow89 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Thats a new one. Where i work we have people from everywhere, mostly ex military. We have one guy who is Jamaican/Chinese, Air Force retiree, and does air force reserves and something with the Marines. Work with a guy who is 100% Filipino. Pretty funny one day cause he was cussing out a new guy in Tagalog, and he didnt know that the guy grew up in the Philippines (navy father). Well the guy surprised the hell out of him when he returned a response in Tagalog, his face was priceless.

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

As always, very well spoken Steve. If you give me a shipping address you will receive a Cohiba from me. Its good to see that some people still have an open mind towards the unkown. I dont know how this thread can be confused as racism, this is like any other thread. Its a shame that this melting pod of a country has become what it is today. Where little by little our freedom of speech is being challenged because of ignorance. I'm very sorry that you feel this way Element and I do apologize for the cuss word. It would be stellar if we would all check our complexes and tramas at the door, for we all are equal and no one is better than anyone. I have spoken my peace.

Luna

4. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

We're all just various shades of African.....nothing more.

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Yep. I'm an "Uh-oh Oreo". White on the outside, black on the inside, yo.

And trying to read NT's vast amount of Spanish posts made my brain hurt, so I'm English only from now on. :D

I'm a happy American. I like my country for the most part. However I can think of a few other countries I'd like to live in. America has too much drama :p Don't get me wrong, if America ever needed me for anything I'd do my duty and help however I can, but I've always wanted to live back in my roots of Ireland or Germany. Or Australia, because Australia's freakin' cool.

1 person likes this.
  6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

God save the Queen.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

:lol: Very nice Jwin. I love Oreo's btw, one of the best cookies ever made :).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  8. Click Here!

9. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Same here. I love the old country.

10. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Wesho, don't apologize...Cool thread & you're a cool kid too....that goes for you to Jwin. Irish/German? Stay outta bars!!! Germans have the very best beers in the world. "Negra-Modelo" came to Mexico via Germany. Many Germans fled the wars & settled in Mexico/Latin America, hence that unique brewing style of bavarian darker beers that had all but disappeared in Germany. Bet you guys didn't know that did you? True story.

The "P**a" word=a prostitute that really likes working overtime? Can be used feminine & masculine with an "a" or "o". NU knows "Puto" which is a Filipino dessert but means very different in Spanish=a womanizer of the worse kind. Hey NU, what is Balout? Wheres the pancit & tenola? Some of my best employees are Filipinos!!!

Also, Wesho speaks a very proper form of Spanish, a watered down or Mexicanized form of Castillion. The spelling & grammer is all the same, but the emphasis on certain syllables and verbs can give the phrase a totally different meaning. The same is true for Oriental/Asian dialects.

ME? ....poco....poco, Espaniol. My Mom is Spanish & Italian and my Dad is of Mexican (Mestizo) descent. When I was growing up, I didn't speak a word of Spanish but when I started working, I worked as a bussboy in a country club bussing tables. I really learned Spanish from the dishwashers, although they only taught me all the badwords. American Spanish is not the same Spanish as Wesho speaks which is very proper and "dignified" form of Spanish kinda like English from England & English from the States.....kinda cool. I was born in a predominant Hispanic area in Southern California 120 miles East of San Diego....my home. Knowing and speaking Spanish fluently has given me an "edge" in employment & in business negotiations in this area.

I mean, what would this world be like without homemade tortillas & good German beer?

Jwin/Wesho: Nomas faltan las gorditas!!! (translate Wesho)

American Me...........................

SeaBass

11. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

My dogs are more purebred than anyone I know. It's a huge global gene pool now;)

12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Isn't that hard boiled duck eggs with the embryo still inside? :eek: (saw it on the travel channel once)

A girl that went on a kayaking trip with me at my college is Cuban in Phillipino, btw.