Are you happy with your aquarium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 31, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Are you happy with your aquarium?

1. Yes.

18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No.

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Well, if you look at the poll results I think you got your wish!! 50/50 yes/no.

I am glad Matt put the 'as it is now' qualification on the poll. I am happy with where I'm at, but hope for more in the future. Have had problems but seem to be working through them. Fish are happy, water is clean, life is good. Preparing for the second round, trying to get some small corals to survive!

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I voted No as I can't say I've ever been 100% happy with my tanks. I think it's in constant renovations. I have select inhabitants I'm happy with but as a whole tank. Not quite yet.

J

4. cerpin_taxt

cerpin_taxt Bristle Worm

i love my tank, but i wish i had more equipment and more corals. also i wish it was bigger but who doesn't right?

5. Area 51 Exotics

Area 51 Exotics 3reef Sponsor

At the present moment, yes I'm happy with my tank. As some of you know, I had the pump on my filtration system (PCX100) fail and I lost all of my fish. During this ordeal, I was forced to remove several pieces of rock in order to remove the deceased inhabitants. Due to this unfortunate accident I was given the opportunity to redo things a little different allowing TONS more room for coral ;D as well as better hiding spots for the new inhabitants.

[​IMG]

During this I have also taken the necessary steps to insure that this type of accident doesn't occur again! I have replaced the single PCX100 with Dual Pan World 100 PX pumps (790 Gallon per pump per return line instead of 1550 total with the GenX). I have also installed a Guardian Auto-Switching Generator that is capable of completely powering all of my tanks as well as several key appliances in the house in the event of a power failure. Five minutes with no power and the generator automatically kicks on. I am also working on flow switches and an audible alarm hooked into my Aquacontroller (Paranoid.... Maybe, but I don't want to do that again!) to monitor various tank parameters and trip the alarm if there is a problem.

To truly answer this question, I think know one can ever be completely happy because we always want more in our tanks.

Also here's my new inhabitant for one of my prop tanks, his name is Shrek!

[​IMG]

6. kb.bear

kb.bear Peppermint Shrimp

Cool frog ! my wife wont let me set up a new tank for one of those:(

7. allaboutfish37

allaboutfish37 Feather Duster

no! I want a bigger tank but no room at this time.have to wait tell the kids are out of the house....

8. Click Here!

9. ReefBuilderNJ

ReefBuilderNJ Astrea Snail

happy with your tank?

actually i wasnt happy. it was too small so i baught a 180gal.once i get used to it, i probably will want a bigger one.im a reef-aholic...lol;D

10. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

I'm happy with my tank however I enjoy adding new things to make it function better plus an occasional new inhabitant is fun.

Cindy

11. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

I have to say no. My tank is way too small and overcrowded and my SPS don't even show decent polyp extension. I can't wait to get my 125 setup, when I find the time...

12. bluealien

bluealien Plankton

Overall Yes. Of course I'd like to do many things and upgrade to a bigger tank, all within time.