Are these compatible with bettas?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by 1.0reef, Sep 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Tmobo

Tmobo T-Rev

No it would not work. Most male bettas are agressive to anything that comes in their tank. especially slower fish that are relative size of the betta. now you could potentially do what they call "dither" fish that act as a sort of comfort fish like tetras or rasboras that are too quick for the betta to catch.

4. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Have you ever kept a Betta before? I have found the opposite to be true. They are VERY aggressive to other male Bettas but push overs when it comes to anything else.

5. DustinB32

DustinB32 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I used to keep a male betta in a 10g with some swordtails and platys and never had any problems. To me they're only really agressive towards other male bettas and sometimes towards females. But thats just my experience.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Other fish are more likely to pick on the betta then the other way around. I think your tank maybe too small for that particular fish though.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

+1

Minimum recommended tank size is 15g. Personally, I prefer to go larger. More space equals less stress on the fish. :)

8. Click Here!

9. BioFreak

BioFreak Feather Duster

You will be fine with those fish together. I have had both in the same tank before but, as stated earlier min tank if 15g. I had mine in a 15g.

10. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

:-/Maybe I should do some chores and get a 15 gallon. but I like how little it is to, it fits in nicely besides the ugly rim:(

hmmmm I am going to use my birthday and x-mas money(even if it takes 2 years) on a 75 gallon NW cichlid tank.

11. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

A cory cat or two would be a good addition. As someone stated earlier rasboras are pretty, or some small tetras.;D

12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

I had a trio of corys before the filter intake broke and they died:(:cry: they're cute little fish.