Are my parameters OK for my clam?

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Aidan, Jul 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aidan

Aidan Plankton

Ok, heres the story. I went to my LFS about 3 weeks ago, and put my name on one of the Squamosas they were getting in, because if i didnt it would have got snapped up, so i payed for it there and then. I came home and noticed alot of white spots on my Coral Beauty, obviously white spot. I was like crap im going to get the clam in a few days what am i to do, ive got the white spot treatment you can use to treat it with corals and inverts in the tank so ill use that. The bottle does come with a warning that SOME centropyges are sensitive to the treatment but i used it anyway because i didnt want my dominos contracting it. Anyway did the 4 treatments over 4 days like it said, my coral beauty died on the 3 treatment when i came home from work, obviously it was either the treatment, or that the whitespot was in a pretty mature stage before i treated it, i did have 2 days off from my tank. Anyway it died, do i did the 4th treatment anyway. Didnt have the protein skimmer on for the 4 days, i did a small water change of 15 litres. I did a massive water change of 40 litres, because the treatment said to, plus the would be sensitive if the treatment was still floating round.

I got my clam yesterday, my parameters are

Ammonia; 0
    Nitrites; 0
    Nitrates; 0.25 low range
    Phosphate; 0
    Calcium; 440/450 ppm
    Magnesium; 1270/1280 ppm
    Ph; 8.2
    Salinity; 1.025
    Temp; 25

Are they ok? I've heard your supposed to have no nitrates, is that true?

I have currently 2 dominos, 1 bubble tip, 1 magnifica, 1 favites honeycomb, hermits, snails and a nice looking blue linkia...everything has being in the tank for a while besides the magnifica, that was purchased yesterday too

thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Clams feed on nitrates as do many other life forms living within your aquarium, s your nitrate level is fine for a squamosa! What size tank do you have and what kind of lighting are you running?