Aquatraders small PC lighting...not the firestater-prone metal halide

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by CyberGuy, Oct 4, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CyberGuy

CyberGuy Plankton

Are these ok? I have read multiple threads about aquatraders metal halide lights that sucks and are prone to start a fire but what about these small PC lighting? Are these o.k? I want to get these lights for my small 5.5 gallon tank that I want to keep soft corals in.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I have used some like these on a fuge for a 55 gal tank and a 10 gal, fuge what are your plans for the use of these lights ? Make sure theu are U/L if you have any doubts most hobby stuff is not .. Some of the higher end lights and pumps are..

4. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

I use an odyssea light on my fuge. Its decent quality if your looking to save some money.

5. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

Hi,

HI,
    I have the 36in on a timer so far no problem got it in Feb, I ve ordered a replacement bulbs .
    I ve read plenty of horror stories about the halide light fixtures that have magnetic starters that can over heat or blow.
    Its a little scarry, I would inspect your system before plugging in for adequate caps and wire tie offs.
    My next light system will be coral life.
    Doug