aquatraders review

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by marvollo, Sep 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sessionthree

sessionthree Spaghetti Worm

Smitty,

I have the 760W fixture (with 2x250W MH and 4x65 PCs) and there are separate cords for each MH, the PCs, the moonlight LEDs, and the fans. I just bought the unit a couple of weeks ago.

-Clayton

2. Click Here!

3. SmittyCoco

SmittyCoco Fire Shrimp

Nice , Clayton ! Is that the 48' unit? You got a fts ? Remember Luna is on patrol on this thread ! ;)

4. sessionthree

Yes, it's the 48' unit. Here's the most recent shot (when I was filling with water from the basement sump a few days ago.) Sorry, I only have water in the tank. :) (Although I will be adding sand in the next day or two.) :biglaugh:

[​IMG]

5. sessionthree

Oh, I should also add that I ordered this from aquatraders as well. The shipping was fast and the lights were packed very well. My only complaint so far are the flimsy legs. I'd like to hang the lights in some way and make it easier for me to do maintenance on the tank, but I haven't decided exactly how I'll do that yet.

The MH ballasts I got with the unit don't get very hot at all. They only get slightly warm. I'm probably still going to replace them with IceCaps at some point.

-Clayton

6. SmittyCoco

SmittyCoco Fire Shrimp

Thanks Clay that looks like a nice fixture ! I Have a 90 gallon 48' tank that I am looking for a fixture for . Looks good. Whats the tank depth on that bad boy? :eek:

7. sessionthree

It's about 30", and yes I'm a little worred about it.

-Clayton

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Hey Smitty, my fixture has 5 cords; MH(2), Actinics(1), internal fans(1) and Lunar lights(1). Aquatraders sells them, but I bought mine from this guy at Ebay; eBay My World - hombby

The ballast is from Marine Depot;
    [​IMG]
    I'll be sure to write a review when I install them. Luna

10. jcdillin

jcdillin Spaghetti Worm

yup same here, i've been running the same light now for a year with no issues. The ballasts were a bit warm for my tastes so I installed a fan in each and now they don't even get warm to the touch.

11. theanimalslaugh

theanimalslaugh Plankton

I recently purchased their 24" 250watt basic metal halide fixture with no pcs or t5s, just the mh and moon lights for one of my 29 biocubes, and I couldn't be happier.I have the 250watt sunpod over my other biocube, and the oddysea as far as I am concerned was a much better deal. It's not quite as nice as the sunpod, but it is still pretty good quality, and the best part is that is was only $126 shipped.