aquatraders oddysea halide WORTHLESS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by jenkins2212, Jul 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jenkins2212

jenkins2212 Plankton

Ok so im one of the few people that have always tried to stick up for oddysea.... until now. I have always purchased oddysea fixtures from PCS, to T-5s, and now my halide setup. Now even straight out of the box the bulbs were worthless! But after only FOUR months both ballasts smoked within like three weeks. But get this.... the serial numbers on both ballasts have 250 marked over 100 with a little sharpy. So basically im thinking they are 100 watt ballasts anyways. And these are supposed to be the "new" ballasts. After numerous un returned emails ive given up on having them replaced. Bottom line is STAY AWAY!!!!
    NOTICE THERE IS NO WARRANTY ON ANYTHING ODDYSEA OR AQUATRADERS SELLS!!!! THERES A REASON FOR THAT!!!!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I cant speak of thier MH fixtures but I have likewise used thier T5's without issues.

Aquatraders...... all I will say there is good luck. I posted thier "F" Better Business Buera rating in another thread.

Best bet is to file there against them and see if your lucky enough to be one fo the cases they respond too.

4. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

you get what you pay for, if we go cheap it can bite us in the butt easily. Expecially with a company like oddyssea where theres a 50 50 chance your fixture will be a dudd. But many people such as myself use them with no problems.

But we shouldnt complain when we buy the cheapest fixture and it breaks

5. bigrob301

bigrob301 Plankton

Odyssea

The problem your having is not odyssea its aquatraders they're like a farmers market I recommend using topdogsellers for all your odyssea needs