AquaticLife T5 HO Light

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by omgiv, Jun 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with AquaticLife's T5HO light. The light I am looking at is the 48 inch model. If you aren't familiar with it, it has two 54 watt 420/460nm bulbs, two 54 watt 700+nm bulbs, and four 1 watt lunar LED lights. The thing I really like about this light is that it has built in cooling fans, a single cord, and a built in timer that controls all three lights. I have a 55 gallon tank that I plan to only keep fish and some inverts in. Would this light be okay? If not, does anyone have any recommendations with similar features? Thanks!!!!

Regards,
    Ivy

2. Click Here!

3. kathy

kathy Astrea Snail

AquaticLife T5 HO Light Fixture

Is this the light you are looking at? If so it is the same one I have been trying to research; would love to hear feedback on it. I like this light for the same reasons and the tech I spoke with at Marine Depot spoke very highly of not only this light but also the brand.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  4. bama

bama Humpback Whale

ha, funny thing.. I have been also researching this light but in 36". It looks like a wonderful light and I have yet to hear a bad review.. Now if only people will buy my stuff on ebay so I can get it..

5. kennedy450r

kennedy450r Astrea Snail

I have the 72" model been running it for about a month now, im very pleased with the light.

1 person likes this.
  6. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

That is the same model light that I am looking at. Like most, I have also been reading the reviews and haven't really read anything bad about the light. I am glad that you like the lights and appreciate you commenting on how you feel about them.

Regards,
    Ivy

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

It doesnt have built in fans. I think they are a must.

8. Click Here!

9. bama

bama Humpback Whale

on the users guide it shows the exploded view of the fixture and it shows there is one in the top.. If this is not the case let us know, because that is a huge factor in deciding to buy or not..

10. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Ah didnt see that. Now Im interested in it too.

11. bama

bama Humpback Whale

will someone who has had these light please chime in and give a little insight.. please please please? :)

12. kennedy450r

kennedy450r Astrea Snail

the 72" model has 4 built in fans