Aquastyle or RapidLED?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by brunoboarder244, Dec 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

I was clarifying they were bright, as the above posters stated about the LED's dimness.

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

LOL out of all the bashing bashers you pick me. Thank you! :)

Rapid is not a brand of LED they are a company that sells Cree LED's. Aquastyle is not a brand it to is a company that sells IDK what type of LED.

As far as mixing max you have your info wrong. You can mix all you want but you can not adjust any higher than the lowest rated max mA LED. So I think what you mean is that if you want to run max you have to sort color for each driver.
    Here's my practice build for my upcoming big conversion. 24 LED's of different color and manufacture on one driver. http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/diy-parallel-72w-led-fixture-131320.html#post1309121
    And here is what matters. Something I doubt cut rate LED's can do.
    [​IMG]

4. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

I completely and fully know that rapid is not a type of LED. I understand its the company, its just more people recognize that rapid is the most popular company selling the best DIY kits and CREE led builds.

That is exactly what I stated/meant referring to the amperage. Basically if you have blues of 700mA and whites at 1000mA, on the same driver, you will only be able to run them both at 700mA. Unless you run on seperate drivers. Aquastyles blues and whites are both at 700mA, so you need not worry about seperating these colors.

5. stryk9

stryk9 Plankton

I have had very good luck with my rapidled kit. That's what I would suggest but I wouldn't buy rapids controller I would buy the typhon from boost led.